Travelling through Glasgow & Moray in level 3 (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We are off North middle of next week and just read up on the rules for level 3 in Scotland. No travelling in or out other than for essential work etc. certainly not for holidays.
while we are not intending to stay / stop in either Glasgow or Moray council areas this time round, we will be travelling up the M74 then onto the M73 which skirts into the edge of the Glasgow controlled area.

my question is:- can i pass through the Glasgow council area remaining on the motorway towards Stirling. i could go around but it would seem silly for such a short distance.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Well common sense must prevail. Look at it this way. If there is no traffic coming towards you and everyone else is getting off the motorway before Glasgow, then you can assume you can't travel through. You will find traffic coming towards you, so leaving Glasgow and you will be following traffic and not getting off the motorway through Glasgow and before anything would happen you will be doing the Highland fling a wee bit North

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Well common sense must prevail. Look at it this way. If there is no traffic coming towards you and everyone else is getting off the motorway before Glasgow, then you can assume you can't travel through. You will find traffic coming towards you, so leaving Glasgow and you will be following traffic and not getting off the motorway through Glasgow and before anything would happen you will be doing the Highland fling a wee bit North

there have been more than a few bits of "lack of common sense" in the past weeks. So it would disappoint but not surprise me if we had to drive around...:rolleyes:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Off course the good Lady in charge up there may use this opportunity to erect border guards to try out the process prior to any Indy 2vote to show the good people of Scotland how the system could work

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i think the common sense answer is yes - pass through but don’t stop

that used be normal advice for Glasgow when we lived in the area in the early 1980's.....;);)

just kidin honest:oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I don't think you'll have any issues travelling through, my daughter had to drive to Glasgow yesterday for work reasons with no issues.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
the Glasgow council area map puts part of it in Glasgow... but hey! just checkin!!
Its weird how they work it. My last house right beside M73 had a G postcode but never came under Glasgow either. Have a lovely trip.

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I drove around Glasgow on the motorway, M74, mate and M898 a few days ago - I was heading from Oban back to England in the Hymer. The matrix signs on the Motorway were indicating that we were in a Covid Level 3 zone. Plenty of other motorhomes on the roads heading both north and south.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
No issues driving through ... I i tend yo do M77/M 8/M80 to head up to Torridon the end of next week - route takes motorway through city - I’ll eat my hat if that’s not allowed 😉.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Perhaps you should adopt the zombie movie tactics. Strap weldmesh, armour plate sheeting, to your Motorhome, replace a rooflight with a water cannon turret (you won't get very far with the average motorhome water tank). Of course lock all the doors and windows and then drive like a bat out of hell .....

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Perhaps you should adopt the zombie movie tactics. Strap weldmesh, armour plate sheeting, to your Motorhome, replace a rooflight with a water cannon turret (you won't get very far with the average motorhome water tank). Of course lock all the doors and windows and then drive like a bat out of hell .....
What you mean some people don't do that when they drive through Glasgow? That's just asking for trouble

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
I drove around Glasgow on the motorway, M74, mate and M898 a few days ago - I was heading from Oban back to England in the Hymer. The matrix signs on the Motorway were indicating that we were in a Covid Level 3 zone. Plenty of other motorhomes on the roads heading both north and south.
Police in Scotland haven't been as over zealous as some of the English forces in carrying out checks. Good sense typically prevails.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back