Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Just looking for any guidance around driving through Belgium.
Looking to get down to Luxemburg next week to drive onward to Switzerland. Normal route is through Belgium from Calais, fill up with fuel in Luxemburg then crack onto Switzerland. Now travelling through France and Switzerland is no issue as we are fully jabbed up and have the certificates and the app downloaded. The problem I am reading about is around Belgium. From my understanding UK residents even fully jabbed need to quarantine and test. I cannot find any info around rules allowing (if any) for straight forward transit via roads through Belgium from France then into Luxembourg.
Can anybody offer information around this or is it a case of UK residents cannot transit.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Belgium requires you to take a test within one or two days of arriving so just transiting for a day or two you will be OK. No border checks so they won't know when you arrived anyway.

We are visiting our dealer in Belgium week after next & will be in Belgium less than 24 hours so we won't worry about it.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Belgium requires you to take a test within one or two days of arriving so just transiting for a day or two you will be OK. No border checks so they won't know when you arrived anyway.

We are visiting our dealer in Belgium week after next & will be in Belgium less than 24 hours so we won't worry about it.
That was my thought reading the Passenger locator form, yes fill it in but in less than 4 hours will not be in the Country. If I get locked up come and visit me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
My understanding is that whether vaccinated or not UK citizens have to quarantine. We gave it a wide berth!

Oct 22, 2019
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 514 C Class
Exp
We got off Po Calais ferry last Thursday drove straight out of port no control. Parked near Mons Thursday night. Left the van at 3cb camping Brussels Friday night taxi into Brussels to meet friends taxi back Saturday morning. Drove to Luxembourg and parked in the old station carpark in Clemency. Fuelled up Sunday and away to go down though France towards Italy.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You need to fill-in a Passenger locator form for Belgium in the 3 days beforehand and as long as you put down 48 hours stay or less you will not generate code for a PCR test required on Day 1.

Fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine in Belgium currently.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Well slight change of Plan. Sailing Portsmouth to Bilbao Wednesday night for a bit of warm North Spain sun, then travel slowly upto Switzerland and then onto Luxumberg/Belgium on the way home for third jab Mid November then back to Spain via Santander and Spain for winter. Going to get 18mths travel in one hit

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
You need to fill-in a Passenger locator form for Belgium in the 3 days beforehand and as long as you put down 48 hours stay or less you will not generate code for a PCR test required on Day 1.

Fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine in Belgium currently.
It say if saying for less than 48 hours you don't need to fill in the form.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
It say if saying for less than 48 hours you don't need to fill in the form.
Yes that is true until you read the exceptions below and if you are travelling from Plague Island in which case you do need to create a PLF as per here

1. You complete the Passenger Localization Form (PLF) within 48 hours before you arrive in Belgium, even if you have been vaccinated. The PLF must be completed by:
  • all persons travelling to Belgium, except:
    • if they stay in Belgium for less than 48 hours,
    • when they return to Belgium after a stay abroad of less than 48 hours.
  • Are you travelling to Belgium by plane or by boat? Then you always have to fill in the PLF, even if you stay in Belgium for less than 48 hours or were abroad. - Come by Ferry need to fill-in PLF
  • Are you travelling by train or bus from a country outside the European Union or Schengen area? Then you always have to fill in the PLF, even if you stay in Belgium for less than 48 hours or were abroad - Thats Eurotunnel and Eurostar covered then.
  • If you have been staying in a very high-risk country for the past 14 days, you must always complete the PLF, regardless of the duration of your stay. Pas de Calais is in the Red Zone so again a PLF is required should you stop in that part of France beforehand.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Update to Belgium entry if you are staying for more than 48 hours you can now do a PCR test in the 72 hours before you arrive rather than on arrival in Belgium.

Also on the BE/FR Belgium just outside Dunkirk heading towards Calais they filter all traffic off the motorway and pulling over traffic for searches. Last 2 times I passed only UK registered cars were being searched probably looking for that new UK Sticker ;-)

So allow extra time to get back to the tunnel/port as the queue of lorries was long.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Update to Belgium entry if you are staying for more than 48 hours you can now do a PCR test in the 72 hours before you arrive rather than on arrival in Belgium.

Also on the BE/FR Belgium just outside Dunkirk heading towards Calais they filter all traffic off the motorway and pulling over traffic for searches. Last 2 times I passed only UK registered cars were being searched probably looking for that new UK Sticker ;-)

So allow extra time to get back to the tunnel/port as the queue of lorries was long.
Was that only going south into France?
We will be going north into Belgium on Monday, if so I will avoid Autoroute at the boarder.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Just a follow-up I had a call yesterday from Belgium track and Trace to make sure I had organised the day 7 pcr test. Very nice people on the phone explaining the call and when I explained already back into the UK very apologetic and genuinely interested in how the whole T&T went during the visit to Belgium.

UK nothing nada zilch despite needing to submit a pcr code and negative to come back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back