SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
What weight did the records quote for your vehicle? In which section on your V5C does tat weight appear?

For my MH DVLA records only give 'Revenue Weight' which on a V5C is in section [Y] which does not exist in most other countries equivalent documents, and my Section [F.1 Max, Permissible Mass] is blank.

So where do the Austrian or any other authorities legally stand then?

Geoff
The site showed the revenue weight as 4250kgs which is also shown on my v5c in section Y and F.1 so it looks like the DVLA have missed it off your v5c. As for other authorities I have no idea! :)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
With Poland the Via Toll works well , you get refund at departure , but you still have to pay other tolls not on Via system . But both tolls are very cheap anyway , and some roads are very rough , toll or non toll They have enforcement , including mobile IIRC penalty is 1500PLN

OP
OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The difference in Austria appears to be quite large: £9 for 3.5T, £150 for 3.8T. Or £0 avoiding motorways.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Rather than start a new thread, I thought that I would ask my question on this one.

I realise that a vignette is needed for Austria. There are also a total of 9 roads/tunnels that appear to require a separate fee. Am I correct in thinking that these are in fact "extras" not included in the vignette price?

OP
OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Vignettes are only needed if you use their motorways (and are under 3.5T). The separate fees are additional.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
My £1K SatNag has already let me down a number of times (but that could be due to user error) so I tend to be more cautious now.
Yes I'll be at Bled (SatNag permitting).

I would not advise swimming in lake bled, :eek: Janie was not very well when she did, ;) I think she drank some of it.:rolleyes: It was probably typhoid but she survived. :D Bob

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Bled is in Slovenia, and after 1st April if you’re over 3.5t and using the toll roads you will need another box! No more manual paying for tolls. Same principle as Austria.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not sure if Austrian authorities have access to the UK vehicle database - which would show your van as 3850kg.............

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Another good route and much more scenic from south east of Munich, Kufstein, Mittersill, Leinz then onto the Plockenpass, easy drive over the pass and no lorries, over 7.5t are banned. From there the roads in Italy are very good way above the standard of normal Italian roads. My preferred route.
Hi Lenny, how did you find the tunnels on the Plockenpass(not literally, I know WHERE they are:D:D) height wise? What height are you? I'm assuming you had to move into the centre of the road, did it cause a problem with on coming traffic? Done it a few times on the bike (last time it was littered with Ities digging most of it up!)!! I'm 2.82m to the top of the TV antenna and thinking of doing this route next year as the roads south of the pass are excellent as you say!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back