Travelling from Interlaken to Munich (1 Viewer)

Aggers58

Free Member
May 11, 2017
Workington
Funster No
MH
Van conversion Autosleepe
Exp
Hello
This is my first time on a motorhome forum so i'm not sure of the rules. I am looking at travelling from Interlaken in Switzerland to Munich in Germany in a motorhome. Does anyone know a route which is suitable for motorhomes. I don't fancy driving over steep passes with hair pin bends etc

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Aggers, welcome

Not really sure this will give you the answer, but there appear to be very few options :)(y)

Although you could fly :LOL:

upload_2017-5-11_11-28-44.png

OP
OP
A

Aggers58

Free Member
May 11, 2017
Workington
Funster No
MH
Exp
Cheers David, We are just in the middle of a big discussion now about changing our plans and flying ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We did that drive a couple of years ago and from memory it's very easy. You are on the main motorway routes through Switzerland and if you look closely most of it is in the valley and at the lake levels. You are also not going over any of the major mountain passes which are further south and the driving conditions are pretty good in Switzerland, Austria & Germany. Worth a stop around Bregenz/Bodensee to break the journey if you want to and once you get to Lindau pretty fast and east to Munuch.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Yup, done that route a few times. It does get a bit twisty in the mountains, but hell the view is worth it!
Courtesy note, on the twisty passes, when you get a long queue of traffic behind, pull over and let them pass you! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Aggers58

Free Member
May 11, 2017
Workington
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the info folks. Her indoors was concerned about the journey so I booked a flight instead (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back