Travelling down the east, right hand side of France (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We are going to be traveling down the east, right hand side of France from Dunkirk to say Lyon, we like old towns, scenery and walks, where should we be sure not to miss if touring the Eastern / south end of France

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Langres
There’s a nice municipal campsite right on the Roman battlements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Alsace wine route (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Vimy Ridge war memorial

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The Alsace is a really nice area to visit, many wonderful towns to stay at and great food and wine easily found. Besançon is also worth visiting and has many antiques shops and markets. Then a tootle down the Jura (3 lakes region) is certainly worth it as there's lots of nice walking and cycling if that's your thing.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks all :). Keep em coming folks.
Been reading Clive thread on his journeys in France, some lovely pics

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
will be joining you on that route after the mosel visit(y)

Aug 14, 2017
Princes Risborough
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
We stayed one night in Dole on the central aired. No charge and wonderful view of the church and old town. We stayed in Annecy which was glorious and then on to the south coast. The drive through the Alps was spectacular something that I would recommend.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We are going to be traveling down the east, right hand side of France from Dunkirk to say Lyon, we like old towns, scenery and walks, where should we be sure not to miss if touring the Eastern / south end of France

Keep close to the Eastern borders and you will can pop into Belgium and or Luxembourg for cheaper fuel?

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Keep close to the Eastern borders and you will can pop into Belgium and or Luxembourg for cheaper fuel?
Actually on that note of crossing borders, we have our dog with us do we need to do anything e.g visit the vets if we go over the borders into other European countries, I do know that coming back to the UK we will have to visit the vet in France to get her wormed I think within 5 days of departure date??

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
There are no additional checks or requirements for pets in mainland Europe until you return your intended departure point.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Charleville-Mezieres non touristy but nice place, there's a free aire and a municipal site here, & Nancy bit more touristy but Place Stanislas is something to see, there's an aire (not free) by the canal a short walk from Place Stanislas

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
How’s the fridge doing @Bart ..?
I have turned it up to three and everytime I check to see if the burner is still burning it is so I'm not sure if it made any difference apart from the contents getting colder , also atm I'm unable to see how far the gas is going done as the stupid float in the gas tank must be stuck as the digital display says my gas is 1000000% full, lol guess I'll start looking for somewhere to refill the auto gas and see what fits into it, or I'll wait u till Saturday morning and fill up as that will be one week away so that will give us an idea of what gas we are using.
BTW I still have the old sensor that I replaced last time I had probes with the fridge which turned out to be the pcb, so I'll mayee try that in the fridge to see if anything changes, but I doubt it as both it and the replacement both had the same resistance. One thing I wonder if it could be ( if I indeed have a problem) could be a break in one of the two wires that goto that inside sensor,, as I think that sensor might just make a circuit when said temperature is reached. Which stops the burner?? Could that sound possible

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I forgot to say In my op that anywhere WWII related is of interest to me. NOTE I've already been to Brest and Cean and surrounding area a few years ago and will revisit again if we have time. :)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I forgot to say In my op that anywhere WWII related is of interest to me. NOTE I've already been to Brest and Cean and surrounding area a few years ago and will revisit again if we have time. :)

Luxembourg, Bastogne and the Hurtgen Forest are excellent locations to visit re WW2, Metz and Strasbourg have interesting ww2 museums.. all of these are primarily US focused but still deserve respect for the sacrifices made by these brave men especially Hurtgen where the Americans endured appalling casualties in the forest when it was argued that they could have circumnavigated the forest with less risk.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
That looks very interesting :)
When I look at their calender and say for today it shows just 2.30, does that mean that's the time of a tour, and you can only view it with a tour guide or is it open all day

It was open all day but only a limited amount of tours in English.

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Silly me I always thought the East going from top to bottom, to be the Left, and West coast side the East, used to drive from Dunkirk to Basel Switzerland sure that is Left side of France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back