Travelling couple set up camp at Autolift in Backford (2 Viewers)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A PATCH of grass between a main road and a recovery yard might seem like a strange place to set up camp.

But a protesting couple have done just that and erected three tents on the side of the A41 after their [HI]motorhome was seized for having no valid tax or MOT[/HI].

Since lunchtime on Wednesday, July 4, Prajna Pranab and ‘Kazz’ have been camped out at Autolift recovery yard in Backford, as they take a stand against what they claim was the ‘illegal’ seizure of their motorhome.

Ever since the couple – who were pulled over on the M53 near Cheshire Oaks – have cooked their meals on a portable stove and are lighting a campfire outside the tents.

Despite having a fridge, shower and toilet on their motorhome in Autolift’s warehouse, they have been forced to use nearby woods as a toilet. They have a laptop and mobile phone which they recharge when friends visit in cars.

The pair have refused to pay the charge Autolift have demanded for the release of the vehicle and the firm say they are looking to obtain a court order to remove them from their land.

Prajna, 52, who is originally from New Zealand, was once an officer in the royal engineers.

But he has since rejected the British tax system.

Quoting the Bill of Rights 1688, he said: “One of the things still there under fines and forfeitures is ‘we will not impose fines or forfeitures upon any person without conviction’.

“Our home has been taken without trial or anything.”

Kazz, 44, added: “When road tax trumps human rights, they show the system for what it is.”

The pair live off an annual war pension of £2,500 granted to Prajna after he was injured while in service.

Drivers and passers-by have greeted the pair and enquired why they are there.

Kazz, who did a politics degree at the University of Liverpool, said: “We’re seeing human nature for what it really is and it’s beautiful – it’s generous, it’s loving, it’s compassionate.

“On the second night a guy stopped with two bags of chips and two buttered slices of bread.”

Cheshire Constabulary spokeswoman Rachel Hayes said the mini camp has been given passing attention by officers who are keen to see the protest remains peaceful.

A spokeswoman at Autolift said: “We’ve recovered the motorhome on behalf of the DVLA. Unfortunately they have taken it out on us.

“We have been harassed with emails from people they know.”

Broken Link Removed

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
No valid tax or MOT also equals no insurance.

Hope I don't bump into them. :Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry to say I am on the laws side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No sympathy from me either .. they want to live and travel in this country .. then obey the law..

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I would love to reject the tax system and get way with it. Unfortunately I can't. What planet do these people think they live on? Sorry, I have no sympathy for them. No doubt they will claim their Yuman Rites and compensayshun when something goes wrong....... ( Just waiting for Richard Littlejohn to get hold of this one)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Travelling in a van, no tax, no MOT, no insurance and shitting in the woods - must be pikie's.

Wonder if they will clear up their mess when they leave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its possible to de reg from dvla . the reason they can snatch vehicles is down to the registration . lots de reg and get away with it . there was quite a bit about this a few years ago .was it andy v8 that used to mention it . rings a bell. but lots dont need mot due to exemptions .

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What about this law "grants and promises of fines or forfeitures" before conviction are void" Still valid according to wiki

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
its possible to de reg from dvla . the reason they can snatch vehicles is down to the registration . lots de reg and get away with it . there was quite a bit about this a few years ago .was it andy v8 that used to mention it . rings a bell. but lots dont need mot due to exemptions .

Is that for real, they can avoid making sure their vehicle is road worthy? :Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What about this law "grants and promises of fines or forfeitures" before conviction are void" Still valid according to wiki

an old chestnut ..

under constitutional law, the Bill of Rights Act 1689 gives way to the Road Traffic Acts of 1991 and 1994. This is because Road Traffic Acts provide for penalties outside of a court and, under British law, it is the later Act that takes precedence. Thus, the Road Traffic Acts of 1991 and 1994 repeal the Bill of Rights Act to the extent that they differ.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Just shows how wring wiki can be then doesn't it? ::bigsmile:

All these claims - and yes it was AndyV8 who used to spout them - conveniently ignore the fact that various provisions of the Bill of Rights 1689 have changed since then - see . for the official position.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Here he is...

prajna.jpg

Prajña, (Philip John Jaquiery, RE, DHP, LHS, LHRS) was born in Invercargill, New Zealand in 1960 and moved to England in 1979.

He has also lived in Switzerland and India and has worked in or visited Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Hong Kong, Nepal and the Channel Islands (not to mention having set foot in New York, Abu Dhabi, Damascus and Sydney).

Prajña has worked (amongst other things) as a photographer; in theatre; engineering; adventure training; served as an officer in the Corps of Royal Engineers; analytical hypnotherapist and support worker; is a computer consultant, programmer and trainer. He also claims to be a published poet, musician, songwriter and philosopher, has sailed, flown gliders and microlight aircraft and used to hunt, shoot and fish. He is now vegetarian and a pacifist, hasn't quit smoking yet but seldom drinks.

He is divorced and has two teenage sons, Matthew and Edward, who live with him (Edd is still at Winchester College).

Prajña was recently a director of an internet hosting company, a peace and human rights campaigner, a member of Trident Ploughshares. He is now living an ascetic life under the guidence of his spiritual teacher, Saswot Sourav, but is still involved in P10K and other causes for Truth, Justice and Peace.

http://www.tomboy-pink.co.uk/blog/

More most excellent visitors

Posted on July 8, 2012

We have been overwhelmed by wonderful people today. Dearest friends, Rob Bryne, Marty, Reverend Phil, Big Mike have all been here, to rapturous hugs, and Allan is here now, giving me all his internet whilst tending the dhuni in the rain and tolerating my withdrawl to update you all.

Apart from those already know to us and loved by us we have had many passers-by who have stopped in. This morning a car pulled in and we introduced ourselves and our mission to Maria and her daughter, Charmain. They are gypsys who have been forced into bricks-and-mortor accommodation and were completely understanding of our plight. They returned with more of the family in the rain this evening to see if there was anything they could do for us. Fortunately we have no immediate and critical needs that they could supply but we are most grateful for their offers of help and look forward to offering them tea in fine weather.

We also received a local businessman, Tom, and his wife, Ann, who were interested to know what we are about. His business requires a number of large trucks on the roads and he also told us that he had been ripped off by Autolift; his car was stolen and stored at Autolift and they didn’t inform him for 6 days, then charged 6 days storage for it. I explained to him that the state is lawless and corrupt and that it would make me also to become criminal if I were to have dealings with such criminals. I pointed out that if you join the Boy Scouts then you have to keep all the rules of the Boy Scouts, but if you consequently discover that some of those rules offend you spiritually then you can simply resign from the Boy Scouts, rather than have to leave the country.

Tom and Anne were lovely and generous: they begged us to ask them for something and I mentioned that I had lit a sacred fire and would be pleased if he knew anyone who had some wood to keep it going. He said, ‘yes, of course, we have lots of wood, I’ll bring you some.’ He said he had spare-ribs maranading and I interrupted to say I was vegetarian. Tom enthusiastically offered to make some vegetable soup for us and assured as that he is a good cook.

Tom suggested that he bring a local reporter down here, saying that his notoriety would get their attention. (There has been no interest from local media so far, despite prodding from a number of our friends.)

Most of the day there has been a bike race or ralley going past. Hundreds of bikes and riders. At some point one of them shouted out “Kazz! Kazz!” and Gemma pulled out to say “Hi”, along with her friend and Luke. They are involved with Liverpool Critical Mass

So, all in all, it seems that today we have won over some more police, the local gypsy families and Liverpool Critical Mass, and… we are even getting under the skin of Autolift:

The staff at Autolift have been told not to talk to us (on pain of death?) but Jim, who works there, isn’t having anyone telling him who he can talk to and who he can’t. Jim always gives us a smile and a wave on his way in and out. Sometimes he stops off for a quick chat, listens and tries to make sense of our alien-sounding philosophy and way of life. We love him very much.

Up the Rebellion!

love, peace, harmony and grace,
Kazz n Prajna

Notice to Autolift

Posted on July 8, 2012

Here is the notice Prajna and Kazz served on Autolift:

To the directors and employees of Autolift Recovery Ltd

NOTICE OF INJURY AND OPPORTUNITY TO CURE

Principles in Law:

1. The Bill of Rights (1688)1 promises protection from fines and forfeitures without conviction.
2. The European Declaration of Human Rights, adopted into UK law, affords protection to property and home.
3. Any action arising from a fraud is itself a fraud and void ab initio.

This notice is intended to bring to your attention a tort in law your organisation and employees have perpetrated against us; peaceful, honest and spiritual people.

You are required to treat it in all seriousness and should be aware that there are serious consequences if you fail to respond to it in an appropriate manner. We suggest you obtain competent legal advice if you are in any doubt as to its importance and consequences for you, your organisation and employees.

Our home, the Swift Kontiki motorhome bearing the registration mark D756YLC, was taken from us by force and coercion under false pretenses.

We were told by the Mersey-Side officer who stopped us that he stopped us because a vehicle check showed our motorhome had no M.O.T. And this was confirmed by the Cheshire officers who later attended the scene. We were not told our home was being taken so as to hold it as ransom in order to extort money from us; rather, we were told that the officers were concerned that it may not be roadworthy and that they were seizing it in order to carry out a VOSA inspection.

Your employees, however, claim that it is being held by your company in order to extort road tax from us.

We are unable to comply with the DVLA and tax system because we are spiritual people and it would be unconscionable for us to engage with a lawless and corrupt system.

We fail to see any difference, in practical terms, between your treatment of us and our home and the crime of demanding money with menaces: your staff have threatened us that they will destroy our home tomorrow if we do not pay road tax to the DVLA.

That threat disturbs us much as it would disturb you if someone were to threaten to destroy your home; undoubtedly more so since we own so little and have no resources with which to replace it.

We have found your staff’s attitude to be rude, dismissive, offensive and oppressive. They have utterly failed to be susceptible to reason; dismissing our complaints and stating that they are “not interested”, even being so bold as to claim that they are not interested in the law.

That is entirely unacceptable where you have a duty of care to us and our property. Lord Coke stated that reason is the very substance of the law.

In law, some aspects of law are considered to have precedence over other areas of law. We believe that Human Rights are paramount and that Constitutional law, by its very nature, is superior to any Act or statute.

Regardless of your own opinions of the merits of our arguments, we caution you to take a precautionary approach in this case: do not do anything that may not be undone at a later stage; do not damage, destroy or dispose of our home until this matter is settled.

We notify you that we are homeless on your doorstep as a result of your actions and the unlawful actions of the police. We have very limited resources here – hence this notice is hand-written rather than printed. Equally, we have very limited access to any legal resources, so we ask that we be given sufficient time, without threat of forfeiture, in which to prepare our case.

We are being made to suffer many hardships here, without any access to the many conveniences and necessities available to you and most of the remaining people in this country: We have no toilets or water; we have only tented accommodation on this busy dual-carriageway. We consider that we are harmed and injured because of this and by the lack of humanity shown to us by your staff, and also by the threats made with regard to our home.

We believe what you are doing to be unlawful and inhumane and because this is directly injurious to us we consider it to be a tort in law.

We require you, in the first instance, to preserve and protect our property.

We require you to show lawful cause for your actions.

We require that you do not trespass upon our home.

We require compensation for the torts you have already inflicted upon us and we suggest a meeting at which we can negotiate a remedy.

Signed in all seriousness and sincerity by the living, breathing, free man Prajna Pranab

Signed in all seriousness and sincerity by the living, breathing, free woman Kazz

This fifth day of July in the year 2012

Autolift stole our home!

Hi friends, sorry this isn’t pretty yet but we have limited internet, as and when someone drops by with a mobile that supports tethering.

In order to understand what we are doing and why, what has been done to us (and is being done to all of us) it may be helpful to read Prajna’s homepage http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/

Prajna has not paid tax or had the van MOTed since 2009, in protest at the lawless and corrupt state; on the basis that to cooperate with criminals is itself criminal and nobody can compel a spiritual man to have dealings with criminals.

Will write much more soon. In the meantime, know that the police seized our motorhome, which is our only home, passed it to Autolift Recovery Ltd, Chester, and we are now camped on the grass verge outside Autolift, next to a busy dual carriageway. We have no toilet facilities or fresh water and are having to rely on friends for our existential needs.

There is no help from the police, Autolift or DVLA. There has not even been a visit from the local council Gypsy and Romany Traveler Liason Officer to check on our wellbeing. The police turn up often – to check on our wellbeing, they say – but their concern only goes so far as to tell us the danger we are in due to the dual carriageway but does not extend to doing anything to make our situation less perilous

I will update the main website page and this blog as and when I can. Meanwhile Kazz and I are defeating the oppressors via the simply expedient of remaining happy despite the hardships.

Speak to you soon and thanks for the interest.

Love, peace, happiness & grace,

Prajna & Kazz

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
IMHO he is very much a misguided nutter!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Can the vehicle really be said to have been "seized"?
"Seized" indicates taken, as in permanently, which is not the case.
He can have his vehicle back, all he has to do is make it safe (get it MOT'd) and pay the excise duty, same as the rest of us.
Also, what Tort is involved?

What a plonker!

I have decided to reject paying for anything as corrupt, so next meeting the beer will be provided by GJH and ShiftZZ.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It is easily possible to live in a motorhome full time and remain within the laws fo the land. You can even vote as a fulltimer without a permanent address.

I believe that if you want to live in this country you must obey the laws no matter how much you disagree with them. If you disagree with a law fight to change it don't break it.

With the internet it is now possible to organise large communities to campaign effectively. There is no excuse to break a law especially ones such as these which are designed to ensure the safety of all road users.

I don't even believe this guy is well intentioned, he strikes me as a self righteous zealot who can't see past his own desires.

I hate to say things like this about someone who has served the country in the Military.:Sad:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
OI!!! Misguided he may be but don't class him with us nutters :ROFLMAO:

Pinky, I shall happily provide the beer. In turn I nominate you to pay for it :ROFLMAO:

Wake up at the back!!!!!!!!

I said "I have decided to reject paying for anything ."
I cant pay for it, this would go against me newly found principles.

More principles are in the pipeline.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
OI!!! Misguided he may be but don't class him with us nutters :ROFLMAO:

Pinky, I shall happily provide the beer. In turn I nominate you to pay for it :ROFLMAO:

There are nutters and NUTTERS-you choose.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Prajña was recently a director of an internet hosting company, a peace and human rights campaigner, a member of Trident Ploughshares. He is now living an ascetic life under the guidence of his spiritual teacher, Saswot Sourav, but is still involved in P10K and other causes for Truth, Justice and Peace.

definition of 'ascetic life' from the reverso/collins dictionary.

a person who practises great self-denial and austerities and abstains from worldly comforts and pleasures, esp. for religious reasons

so what is he doing with worldly comforts...ie; a motorhome ?

total Hypocrite.

I hope they crush it !....which, in law, they are permitted to do.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

I hope they crush it !....which, in law, they are permitted to do.

I hope they don't. He will then be entitled to a council house which presumably he won't feel obligated to pay for:Angry:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I hope they don't. He will then be entitled to a council house which presumably he won't feel obligated to pay for:Angry:

and claim all the benefits that go along with it.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
He is obviously an intelligent being and well read, but I think he appears to know too much in depth of too many subjects, as a traveler he also seems to have an awful lot of friends 'dropping by', no I think this guy is a front for some other crazy organisation, oh and by the way I hope it is taken into account he owes back tax from 2009 :RollEyes:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I think it is digusting that the people on this site cannot see this poor mans point of view. I propose an immediate rally to chester so that we can sit and support his majestic cause, although we will have be sitting inside as I dont want to get wet, before we go for a shower or a dump we can inform him so that through cognitive karma he is gaining the benefits of it, so that when he stings his arse on a netltle it would not hurt.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back