Traveling on dyalasis (1 Viewer)

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Just wondering wether anybody has ever travelled in a motorhome while on dyalasis .The OH has been warned latest kidney may not last a year .I know there is a firm in america that rents specially adapted rvs
We hope to keep travelling but having to go to a hosp -if you can find a place -for 8 hours every two or three days is a real bind .
Ray Claire and Katie cat

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am really sorry to hear that claire no idea if it would be possible to book sessions at hospitals along your route or even if a portable dialisis machine is available someplace, perhaps our healthcare professionals can come up with some suggestions

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Clarify,

What type of dialysis do you have, capd or machine dialysis?

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
this may help

Just wondering wether anybody has ever travelled in a motorhome while on dyalasis .The OH has been warned latest kidney may not last a year .I know there is a firm in america that rents specially adapted rvs
We hope to keep travelling but having to go to a hosp -if you can find a place -for 8 hours every two or three days is a real bind .
Ray Claire and Katie cat
your doctor would be able to tell you if C A P D would suit your condition.
this method does not need you to attend hospital but you do need to treat
yourself 3 or 4 times daily.there is also a night machine again not the same as hospital treatment .speak to your dialyis expert who is not always your
GP
good luck june and dave

OP
OP
clarify

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Claire is not back on dyalasis yet .this is her 3rd transplant .We are just trying to plan ahead so we can keep travelling
Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes I spoke to a couple in the same boat as you for the uk only I assume arrangments were made for hostpitals local to there chosen site to take her in for treatment, it does of course restrict exactly where you may go but doable as my mate Tony would say doable:thumb:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi

My husband was on dialysis, and we went to cyprus, majorca etc and got his treatment at the local hospitals, outside the EU you have to pay for it. I used to work on a dialysis unit where patients often went on holiday and got their treatment in local hospitals in uk.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi sorry to here about your illness the captain at our golf club has a mh and he had a machine fitted for his wife so they could still travel dont know the exact details of her illness but it was kidney also i have a meeting with him next wed and if you want i can ask him for some info.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So sorry to hear that Claire has been so unlucky with all this, we enjoyed meeting you at Deal last year and hope to do see you again somewhere soon. Take care, Jane :Smile:

OP
OP
clarify

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hopefully meet up with some of you at Peterborough Misterton or on a road somewhere inbetween /
Ray Claire and Katie cat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back