Travel updates for transition through Spain (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
IMG-20201028-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20201028-WA0000.jpg

Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2014
This map appears to show 11 regions with travel restrictions.

1603977030470.png

I have not researched in depth but here is the link for further info. I viewed it in google chrome on a laptop to use the translate feature

link for further info

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
This map appears to show 11 regions with travel restrictions.

View attachment 436984
I have not researched in depth but here is the link for further info. I viewed it in google chrome on a laptop to use the translate feature

link for further info

That orange bit has just gone red

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
According to a spainish guy here and this is only his word, the Spanish consulate has said that if you have a pre approved booking for a campsite you can travel to that site through regions.
Not my words and I have not checked to make sure it’s correct but may well be worth checking for some.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
According to a spainish guy here and this is only his word, the Spanish consulate has said that if you have a pre approved booking for a campsite you can travel to that site through regions.
Not my words and I have not checked to make sure it’s correct but may well be worth checking for some.
[/QUOTE
The campsite we are going to also have said this on Facebook (y)

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Dear customers.
After consulting the authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this is their response:
There is no border closure, although there are the same sanitary control restrictions that existed before at the border.
A foreign citizen can reach their destination, but once there, they must comply with the mobility restrictions imposed by the regional authorities, and they can do so if they return to their home in their country.
You can also pass transit to your destination.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
So if I go to benidorm from Benicassim next monday is that allowed?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our friends went shopping this morning. When they got back to the site they were staying on, inland from Alicante, the police were there. The police closed the site and our friends had to leave.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Our friends went shopping this morning. When they got back to the site they were staying on, inland from Alicante, the police were there. The police closed the site and our friends had to leave.
Wow wonder why they did that which site was it?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
They have now Gus.
This just posted on the N332 fb pageView attachment 437166
By all accounts the reason for them Shutting there borders is because Madrid was refusing to do so & under the rules people from one non-locked down region can legally travel through locked down regions if they are going to another non-locked down region where they have previously booked accomodation or a definite place to stay.They did it to prevent an influx of Madrileños who spread it about before.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
We are expecting folk from tomorrow's ferry in Santander to arrive in Benidorm on Sunday, that may help, but where ever you are going I would be carrying a copy of your booking.
Could not believe how empty Benidorm was on Thursday !

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Dear customers.
After consulting the authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this is their response:
There is no border closure, although there are the same sanitary control restrictions that existed before at the border.
A foreign citizen can reach their destination, but once there, they must comply with the mobility restrictions imposed by the regional authorities, and they can do so if they return to their home in their country.
You can also pass transit to your destination.
Where have you copied this from please? I have friends who are due to cross on the ferry to Bilbao on 11th November for their booked apartment in the Cartagena region. They are in turmoil not knowing what to do for the best.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Could not believe how empty Benidorm was on Thursday !
Unfortunately it's the 'new norm', however some places are thriving and picking up good business. In the Rincon area and up by the Raco campsite those that are open seem to be hanging on. The bars and clubs on the strip and front mainly are dead, but most of the hotels are closed. The old town has been busy, but with the stopping of the cheap packages for the Spanish seniors I suspect the old town will be very quiet over this winter.
Hope I'm wrong.
Cheers
Ed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So if I go to benidorm from Benicassim next monday is that allowed?

Yes your allowed to move around in the Valencia community. 🙂
The main reason we have this lockdown is because it takes in two holiday weekends, and stops the naughty people from Madrid coming here. 😁 Bob

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
There are no restrictions on entering or travelling in Spain if travelling overland. If you enter by air expect a temperature check and a form to fill in.

Same with ferry. Though I would be interested to know, how many people have high temperatures!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Yes your allowed to move around in the Valencia community. 🙂
The main reason we have this lockdown is because it takes in two holiday weekends, and stops the naughty people from Madrid coming here. 😁 Bob
Are you Including DEC 6th & 8th Bob ?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Are you Including DEC 6th & 8th Bob ?

Yes lots of restrictions mainly about max group of 6 and places closing early and the social distancing but travelling is a 7 day at the moment, so even though we could travel other communities could be closed. 😁 Bob.
Screenshot_20201101-102524_Facebook.jpg

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all, i have just arrived in Los Alcazares after driving allday from Santander,with 2other funsters going to Benny (it was a pleasure cheers),wont mention them by name incase they are hiding out,but we all got there with no issues at all.
Stay safe and keep your spirits up.
Cheers Cris.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi all, i have just arrived in Los Alcazares after driving allday from Santander,with 2other funsters going to Benny (it was a pleasure cheers),wont mention them by name incase they are hiding out,but we all got there with no issues at all.
Cheers Cris.
We as Spanish residents must remain in our Municipality until further notice...looks like double standards to me....might be worth keeping quiet about your achievement...
Our urbanisation planned a Halloween type event for the young kids, would you believe it caused attention on social media which had caused the Guardia Civil to arrive and force cancellation..... I'm 💯% in favour of beating this current Pandemic....we never left Spain this year which is a first for us for over 22 years....
Why are so many on Motorhomefun and other forums so keen to encourage others to treat coming to Iberia as a challenge to beat the system...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We as Spanish residents must remain in our Municipality until further notice...looks like double standards to me....might be worth keeping quiet about your achievement...
Our urbanisation planned a Halloween type event for the young kids, would you believe it caused attention on social media which had caused the Guardia Civil to arrive and force cancellation..... I'm 💯% in favour of beating this current Pandemic....we never left Spain this year which is a first for us for over 22 years....
Why are so many on Motorhomefun and other forums so keen to encourage others to treat coming to Iberia as a challenge to beat the system...
Spanish must want us there or they would shut the borders.BUSBY.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Cheers Cris.
Are they on the Run!

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi jumar not trying to make it sound like an achievement ,in any way ,just reporting the journey.the campsites and a policeman i spoke to today said,if travelling to a place of residence or a long term booking they are willing to allow passage with the minimum of contact,eg motorhomes ,self contained and only stopping for fuel no tourist activity enroute its okay.but you must stick to the rules in the area when you arrive.i understood from him ,that they are trying to keep some sort of tourism going .believe me i am not treating this as a game, both my parents caught covid and i nearly lost my dad.however live is a risk and you have to make your own choices based on what you know. Sorry about the cancelled party for the kids,i have grandkids and i know how hard this year has been for them.
Stay safe.
Cheers Cris.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Spanish government to wait ‘two or three weeks’ before taking tougher coronavirus measures
The Health Ministry maintains that more time must pass to assess whether the current restrictions, such as the nighttime curfew and perimetral lockdown, are working

The Spanish Health Ministry remains hopeful that the restrictions introduced by regional governments under the state of alarm will be able to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This would avoid the need for a home lockdown like the one seen during the first wave of the pandemic, when millions of Spaniards were confined to their homes. The government wants to avoid this at all costs in order to prevent further damage to the Spanish economy, which lost around one million jobs in March and April due to the strict lockdown.

Health Minister Salvador Illa said on Wednesday that “two or three weeks” are needed to see if the current measures have been able to reduce transmission rates.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back