Travel to Scotland (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My reading of the statement is that staying overnight is not permitted. I may be wrong.
how can it not be ok if it is yor own property in another country?
Doesn't say that in the BBC briefing, just no overnight stays. I assume that'll happen on the 26th as previously announced..
As above?
But not to stay overnight unless for essential reasons, even in your own (second) property.

It can't be a second property if it is in another country.
You can't have one set of rules this week stating that Scotland has different rules to England & Wales yet next week you wish to use the " United Kingdom" rules to state that it isn't your main residence.
If it is one country then one person in charge .As it is if going down that route then get fixed borders & passports returned.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
First thing is I’m already here the second where does it say I don’t like them, I was asking a question on how can we as in Scotland open to cross border travel while implementing a tier system?
I edited my post as you posted. I realised my mistake sorry.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
how can it not be ok if it is yor own property in another country?

As above?

It can't be a second property if it is in another country.
You can't have one set of rules this week stating that Scotland has different rules to England & Wales yet next week you wish to use the " United Kingdom" rules to state that it isn't your main residence.
If it is one country then one person in charge .As it is if going down that route then get fixed borders & passports returned.
I think WillH was replying to my post. It is a second property and in the same country but I am allowed to visit it for 3 consécutive day visits (12 hour round trip each) but not to stay overnight in between.
So be it. The rules aren’t about me and I’m one of the few who follow them. I’ll just have to wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paddington

Free Member
Oct 31, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Vw transporter
Exp
First thing is I’m already here the second where does it say I don’t like them, I was asking a question on how can we as in Scotland open to cross border travel while implementing a tier system?
I'm hoping the tier system will just be implemented when there is a break out in a specific area for example
Scotland is in tier 2 so we can travel but clackmannanshire is in tier 4 due to a local outbreak, so they shouldnt
in this is an example not currently the case

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm hoping the tier system will just be implemented when there is a break out in a specific area for example
Scotland is in tier 2 so we can travel but clackmannanshire is in tier 4 due to a local outbreak, so they shouldnt
in this is an example not currently the case
I thought that’s how it would work but last year you could only stay in a tier 1 or 2 if you came from the same, does this mean folk from other parts of the U.K. can visit no matter what as long as border is open.

It think if all countries in U.K. did the same system it would be easier.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I thought that’s how it would work but last year you could only stay in a tier 1 or 2 if you came from the same, does this mean folk from other parts of the U.K. can visit no matter what as long as border is open.

It think if all countries in U.K. did the same system it would be easier.
If Scotland is on tier 4 and opens up to the rest of the Uk. then anybody can visit. Linking Scotland Tier 4 to the rest of the uk. If the islands are put on tier 3 then they are now in a sort of lockdown and nobody can visit unless a resident or exemption holder. That’s as clear as I can put it

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Just thought this was a reasonable place to post the gist of an enquiry I emailed to Forestry Scotland today as well as the standard reply that I half expected...:confused:

Good afternoon.
We made use of your very kind "Stay the Night" scheme during 2020 in our Motorhome and really enjoyed the experience.

We were wondering if there was any progress on the possible reintroduction of the system now that the Lockdown is now starting to lift?

Thanks in anticipation

Margaret & Barry

Good afternoon

Thank you for your emai

Thank you for your email. We had an overwhelming response to last years's trial and received a lot of feedback covering a range of views. This feedback, together with our experience of managing the trial is being factored into our discussions as we consider future options for this year and beyond. Any updates or outcomes from our discussions will be posted on our webpage Broken Link Removed the night so please check from time to time.

Kind regards, Kate

Kate Clark | Admin Officer

Forestry and Land Scotland, <Broken link removed>
Cameron McNish has just posted a utube vid, and he talks about the forest sites now 31 of them opening 26th

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Friday 16th is the date people in Scotland can travel anywhere in mainland but no overnight stays.. The overnight stays from the 26th April, (to be confirmed on the 20th)is when these restrictions will most likely be be lifted ...put yourselves in locals shoes (many are Mhs themselves),, they have followed all Covid restrictions and even now, MHs /camper vans are turning up and flouting the rules,, you can understand their anger...please be sensible for the sake of 12 days...
From The Scottish gov website. The way this is worded it would suggest you can stay overnight as long as it's in your local authority area.

"What's changing​

Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do will change on 16 April.

From 16 April you can:

• meet in groups of up to 6 adults from 6 households socially outdoors, for recreation or exercise (under 12s do not count towards the number of people meeting or households)
  • travel anywhere in Scotland to meet others for the above purpose - but you must not stay away from your local council area (or for Highland or Argyll and Bute, the Level 3 or Level 4 part of those areas that you live in) overnight
The new Level 3 guidance which will come into force at 00:01 on 26 April has still to be updated"

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Cameron McNish has just posted a utube vid, and he talks about the forest sites now 31 of them opening 26th

I"m hoping that the forest sites reopening will be a given , from the 26th onwards. I watched Camerons you tube video last night and was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned the forest site park up scheme is opening again . It would seem that Cameron might just have access to those that matter in the decision making , so I have no reason to doubt the man. Lets hope it happens as he described..

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I"m hoping that the forest sites reopening will be a given , from the 26th onwards. I watched Camerons you tube video last night and was pleasantly surprised when he mentioned the forest site park up scheme is opening again . It would seem that Cameron might just have access to those that matter in the decision making , so I have no reason to doubt the man. Lets hope it happens as he described..
Campra is saying the same thing about the 26th and Forestry Commission.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Cameron has his ear to the ground and knows the right people. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Cameron has his ear to the ground and knows the right people. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Exactly my thinking.. last years actions , public and behind closed doors regarding closing/reopening the scheme sort of showed this . This particular positive initiative is just one of a few , concerning night stopovers/ aires etc in Scotland , which appear to be gaining pace and support. Lets hope it isnt all spoilt by a selfish minority.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We are still no wiser but with the election on the 6th of May we suspect she will fall into line with England and Wales on the 26th and showboat it as to how well she is handling the situation
So sorry it’s hurry up and wait
The management of the pandemic owes nothingto politics; hadthe FM wished 'to showboat', she would have announced the 'grand opening' BEFORE the Election, because you cannot win votes after the event. Again, politics has no place in managing the pandemic, nor in taking cheap shots on this Forum.

Steve

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
The management of the pandemic owes nothingto politics; hadthe FM wished 'to showboat', she would have announced the 'grand opening' BEFORE the Election, because you cannot win votes after the event. Again, politics has no place in managing the pandemic, nor in taking cheap shots on this Forum.

Steve
I smell a Cult follower. :unsure:

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
The islands are staying in Tier 3 the same as the Mainland, so travel between both will be allowed. This will of course now apply from this Friday 16th.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
It's definately not very clear as far as what we can and can't do , from this Friday if you live in Scotland you can travel to other parts of Scotland as long as you don't stay overnight, from 26th April we can travel to the rest of the UK, and from 26th April campsites will be open in Scotland but the facilities i.e. Toilets showers might not be open until May.

Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
4 years including lockdown
It's definitely not very clear as far as what we can and can't do , from this Friday if you live in Scotland you can travel to other parts of Scotland as long as you don't stay overnight, from 26th April we can travel to the rest of the UK, and from 26th April campsites will be open in Scotland but the facilities i.e. Toilets showers might not be open until May.

That seemed pretty clear to me. (y)

Chips in St Andrews on Friday evening (meeting some family distanced at the beach) - traveling to a new and strange county (Fife) - by car.
May 1st UnSorn the MH and think about getting some overnights planned.

(too tight to tax it for April 26th)

Summer time - stay in Scotland and cath up with northern outpost of the family.

Autumn - maybe maybe maybe go to mainland Europe. (Maybe)

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
It's definately not very clear as far as what we can and can't do , from this Friday if you live in Scotland you can travel to other parts of Scotland as long as you don't stay overnight, from 26th April we can travel to the rest of the UK, and from 26th April campsites will be open in Scotland but the facilities i.e. Toilets showers might not be open until May.
It's pretty clear what you can't do. they don't list all the things you CAN do.

What's changing​

Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do will change on 16 April.
From 16 April you can:
  • meet in groups of up to 6 adults from 6 households socially outdoors, for recreation or exercise (under 12s do not count towards the number of people meeting or households)
  • travel anywhere in Scotland to meet others for the above purpose - but you must not stay away from your local council area (or for Highland or Argyll and Bute, the Level 3 or Level 4 part of those areas that you live in) overnight

Contact​

Email: Covid19OutbreakManagement@gov.scot

First published: 13 Apr 2021Last updated: 13 Apr 2021 - show all updates

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Some members of the shielding group are being asked abide by tighter restrictions (I got my letter yesterday). It can't be enforced but it is suggested that we stay local until 4 weeks after our second dose of vaccine.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
This is interesting as rules probably similar for boats and MHs ..

8D6BBC09-2260-4194-8F85-C374DC8D5E4B.png

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That’s weird the attachment doesn’t show in the original but does when I quote it

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Does anyone know for certain what the situation will be for travelling between England and Scotland after 26th April. The Scottish government plan to lift travel restrictions but is that only throughout Scotland. I have a need to pop across the border into Scotland but don't have genuine reason under the current exemptions.
the reasons are staying a live. head up and stay safe. ok pj.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back