Travel to Italy 31/08/21 (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We hope to still travel to Italy at the end of the month. We have no campsites booked at the moment but our final destination will in the Pesaro/Fano area on the Adriatic coast. Although the regulations re Covid may change again I have to base the possibility of travel on current regs.
We have been booked via Harwich and the Hook of Holland for a number of months now, and realize this route is no go at the moment. I am thinking of booking via the tunnel but i have drawn a blank re the upto 24hrs previous for a private covid test. It is important to us to get this result safely delivered online before we depart about 24.00 hrs on the 31st.
I know there are tests online but is there anywhere I can book a test at a premises around Ipswich or Folkstone which will give us the maximum amount of travelling hours to get to Italy before their deadline of 48 hours is reached. The online testing sites seem to be geared towards airline travel when timing does not seem to be as critical as travelling by road. I have other questions to ask but I will ask these on on another post. Any body travelled the France, Germany/Austria/ Brenner Pass route to Italy recently.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
You can book through Boots….not all branches offer the service though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
As I understand it you do not need to be tested to enter France if your fully vaccinated under the current regulations.
I’m not up to speed with the rules for entering Italy but if you need to be tested before entering why not get a Test somewhere in Southern Germany which would allow you more travelling time

Last edited:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'd doubt anyone will ask you for any test results on that route. Been travelling across all those countries for over 12 months and i've yet to be asked for anything even if i've had every bit of paper ready to hand.

Some friends did that route last week (London - Athens) and they were fine.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I thought you had to self isolate for 5 days if you have been in the Uk in the previous 14 days when you get to Italy as well. That’s how I read it.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I need a lateral flow test
IF all you need is a lat flow test to enter Italy then you can buy a test kit from C19 testing @£29 and test yourself whilst away just before you enter Italy. You just take test and then are a pic of results next to your passport. They then email you the required certificate.

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I thought you had to self isolate for 5 days if you have been in the Uk in the previous 14 days when you get to Italy as well. That’s how I read it.
Yes that is true the questions for that part will follow regarding if I can isolate in my own van on a campsite instead of the usual hotel. I can find nothing on the net about this subject even from the Italians

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Yes that is true the questions for that part will follow regarding if I can isolate in my own van on a campsite instead of the usual hotel. I can find nothing on the net about this subject even from the Italians
I have seen on a Facebook group this morning someone who has gone to Italy and not been asked anything about isolation at campsites. I suppose it’s up to you whether you want to risk it. The advice is all about flying and no one has thought about those that drive themselves.

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
IF all you need is a lat flow test to enter Italy then you can buy a test kit from C19 testing @£29 and test yourself whilst away just before you enter Italy. You just take test and then are a pic of results next to your passport. They then email you the required certificate.
Thanks Andy I did see that site in the early hours of this morning, really burning the midnight candle. Just did not sink in and not been digitally savvy I believed that I had to test and post back to them, then they email back to you. I will catch up with tech one day. So to recap They post you the kit then you take a picture next to your passport when you are ready and email back to them. Thanks very much

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Italy is on our list for mid to late September into October.
Any information, should you travel there, would be helpful. (y)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve been camping in Italy 3 times this since May this year, no issues at all even when we asked what we needed to do

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Us too, so will be watching this thread with interest. Good luck to benellioldman1 (y)
I will do my best to post updates of our travel you and others have certainly given me confidence to go for it. Just got to sort out if we can stay on a campsite and Isolate in the van. We obviously try and get somewhere a bit cooler in Northern Italy in the Dolomites. All sorts of things spring to mind like do have to inform the campsite or hotel that you are isolating then I suppose you need to leave the site to get tested on day 5. I have heard that their pharmacies do testing fairly quickly then there is the recently introduced green pass which is for indoor eating, entertainment etc but you can eat outdoors etc. The problem for us is our base is in one of the motorcycle museums in Pesaro where we are members so we need to sort this out. Thanks for your help.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’m hoping that quarantine / isolation will be gone by the time we travel. 🤞

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thanks Andy I did see that site in the early hours of this morning, really burning the midnight candle. Just did not sink in and not been digitally savvy I believed that I had to test and post back to them, then they email back to you. I will catch up with tech one day. So to recap They post you the kit then you take a picture next to your passport when you are ready and email back to them. Thanks very much

Yes. Just do test when ever you want. Text them pic of result and passport. Few hours later you receive email with required certificate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back