Travel to France (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 1999
Does anyone have up to date information on travel to France. we are on the tunnel next Monday?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Oh. By the way.

:hiya2: w2f
And why not introduce yourself with a bit of info so we all know you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandpam
Oct 4, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for the info and welcome note! Although we have been members for a very long time we have not really participated until now. We are aware that there is discussion in the head sheds about quarantine going into France and other countries heading south and wondered if anyone had any further info. Having been locked up for six months we are a bit stir crazy and inclined to take a chance and escape if they will let us. We have travelled extensively in Europe each year since we started so we are reasonably able to wing it safely if they will let us.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for the info and welcome note! Although we have been members for a very long time we have not really participated until now. We are aware that there is discussion in the head sheds about quarantine going into France and other countries heading south and wondered if anyone had any further info. Having been locked up for six months we are a bit stir crazy and inclined to take a chance and escape if they will let us. We have travelled extensively in Europe each year since we started so we are reasonably able to wing it safely if they will let us.
Arrived in Calais 1 st Sept..We have not seen a British,Dutch or German MH since,,few Belgium's though..On a 100 pitch site in Provence at the moment ,,2 German caravans,,2 French caravans and a French tent..Feel really safe..Not all supermarkets have wash/antibac for baskets at the door.All masked in shops but not good at SD..Weather brilliant.. BUSBY.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I believe the Seven Day 'voluntry' quarantine request remains in effect for people staying in France, but does not apply to people transiting the country.

Robert

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We've been in France for almost 2 weeks....no documentation requested at French passport control at the tunnel (apart from passports of course!) and no mention of any need to quarantine.

France has been quieter than usual for this time of year...hardly any Brits (only seen 4), a fair number of Belgians, lots of Dutch...not so much in western France, but once we got to the Ardeche and Alsace they were the majority. In fact on our current campsite in Alsace I reckon they outnumber the French!

We've found most shops and restaurants pretty good with mask wearing and sanitiser. Some people don't keep their distance - but that's no different at home. There's a noticeable lack of tour groups in the Alsace wine villages, meaning they're much more pleasant to visit (though I do feel sorry for the businesses who rely tourism) All in all, I feel as safe here as I would if we'd gone away in the UK.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I believe this is only if you have tested positive or been in contact with someone who has! Not when entering the country.

I would hope in that case you would stay home and self - isolate and not travel anywhere whether it be in the UK or abroad.

Robert

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I would hope in that case you would stay home and self - isolate and not travel anywhere whether it be in the UK or abroad.

Robert
One would imagine so unless you are already in France, in which case you’d isolate in your MoHo just as many do in the normal course of their travels these days!

Oct 20, 2015
tunbridge wells
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Been in France since mid August and had a really great time. Keep out of the cities and take precautions as you would at home. Masks the norm even outside. Sunny and very quiet on the Med. We don't want to return to England in a hurry.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We've been in France for almost 2 weeks....no documentation requested at French passport control at the tunnel (apart from passports of course!) and no mention of any need to quarantine.

France has been quieter than usual for this time of year...hardly any Brits (only seen 4), a fair number of Belgians, lots of Dutch...not so much in western France, but once we got to the Ardeche and Alsace they were the majority. In fact on our current campsite in Alsace I reckon they outnumber the French!

We've found most shops and restaurants pretty good with mask wearing and sanitiser. Some people don't keep their distance - but that's no different at home. There's a noticeable lack of tour groups in the Alsace wine villages, meaning they're much more pleasant to visit (though I do feel sorry for the businesses who rely tourism) All in all, I feel as safe here as I would if we'd gone away in the UK.

Quite a few towns are now on maximum alert. So we are not allowed out before 6.00am and after 9pm
Bars and restaurants are closed. Not allowed more than 6 people in our houses for parties (unless of course your children and yourselves make more than 6).
I will edit with a link with all the towns concerned

Amicalement
Frankie

Here is the list .
Communes means middle and little sized towns around

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Quite a few towns are now on maximum alert. So we are not allowed out before 6.00am and after 9pm
Bars and restaurants are closed. Not allowed more than 6 people in our houses for parties (unless of course your children and yourselves make more than 6).
I will edit with a link with all the towns concerned

Amicalement
Frankie

Here is the list .
Communes means middle and little sized towns around

Bars and restaurants are always closed in France at the times I want to eat and drink.BUSBY😂😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back