Travel Journals - what do people use? (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
The last couple of years I've used Travelpod to create a daily diary of our winter trip. I liked this because I could write it and add photos off-line and then go online to share with a small group of family and friends. All they had to do was click on a link in an email.

Travelpod has now closed and I'm looking for something like it for iPad. There is a similar app called esplorio but that is for iPhone or web only so is no good for me.

Can anyone suggest a good replacement please?

Linda

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Probably no help whatsoever if you're looking to keep an electronic record, but I use a leather bound, plain journal.

I had it embossed "Ken's Travels" and as much as I sometimes wish I had neater handwriting, I really enjoy recording my travels and thoughts in it. I also like the thought that my sons, or their children might enjoy reading it at some point after I've gone.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
TrackMyTour, utterly brilliant and would highly recommend(y)

Great for keeping a travel log, take or upload pictures, pin points the places you've been on a map and you can share with just family and friends, or globally if you so desire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use a diary . and have for years . dont fill it daily when here in uk but if travelling do a daily write up.
as the other person above my kids and grandkids can read it later. or now if they want.
i do often wish i had started earlier with a diary though . visited a village in spain this year hadnt been for 30 yrs and met a lad that played and knocked around with my two back then . he even remembered their names and the colour of our vw van at the time . but i can go back to 98 , wish i had started as a kid in the 60,s . i do visit places i know from memory but cant date when i was there originally . yet know where to look for taps etc . its so funny.

OP
OP
Scattycat

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your replies. I quite like the diary idea and both Mike and I used to write a daily diary. It's nice to think that your kids may one day pick up something you've handwritten and find it interesting to read of your travels. It's funny how two people can make the same journey on the same day and have a different view of it.

I changed to digital because I wanted to include photos and to keep family and friends up to date with where we were, what the places looked like, the trials and tribulations and the joys of our travels. Oddly enough, they seemed to find our mishaps rather funny and wanted more.

I tried using one app but it wasn't simple for other people to access, they actually had to create an account themselves in order to view mine! I'll have a look at TrackMyTour though and see if it will suit me, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back