Travel insurance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by vanessa, Sep 3, 2007.

1. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't really sure which category to put this under ...

Anyway, just thought I'd share a "find" with you all. Travel insurance, really affordable prices, and they insure ANY age REGARDLESS of pre-existing conditions!! I'm not sure about world-wide coverage, as I only needed to enquire regarding my parents who were visiting us here in France.

I got the pair of them covered, both in their 80s and my dad has serious heart problems along with a few other health issues - for a grand total of €120 - that's around £84, for a 3-week stay.

To put this into perspective, last year the only people I could find who would insure them was Saga - and they charged nearly £600 for 2-weeks-worth of the same cover!!!!!!

Who are they? ExclusiveHealthcare.com. Might be worth a try, especially for those of you who only ever holiday in France.

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Ratings:
    +17
    :frowny: Never bothered with Travel Insurance. They would not cover for pre-existing aliments. :Mad:

:Mad: What's the point of having cover?

3. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    This one WILL. They don't ask questions, all they care about is that you have an EHIC (the modern equivalent of the E111), and how long you will be here! I found it very refreshing.

My father's health is so fragile I would not entertain having them here without insurance - he could need transporting back in an air ambulance ... or a coffin:RollEyes:, either of which would bankrupt us!!

4. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

Ratings:
    +106
    Vanessa,

I think you will find they only cover French nationals and visiters to France.:Smile:

That's OK if you just visit France but some of us wander a little bit further.

Don

5. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

Ratings:
    +106
    John,

One of our friends thought along your lines until he had to find £12,000 to fly his mother home from Spain in an Air Ambulance.

Don

6. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Don Madge, I did say in the original posting I wasn't sure if they covered anywhere other than France ... Still, might be useful to those who "just" tour France.