Travel Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Lloyds Gold account. They can't charge us for it because we took it out many years ago when they promised it would be free forever. With that we have a reasonably good travel insurance that covers everything we need. In fact it is the only thing that stops us from leaving Lloyds, with the dreadful service they usually offer. And it covers us both until we are 80.

Trouble is it only covers us for 45 continuous days abroad (recently upped from 30 days). No limit on total time though. Last year, when still only 30 days, we upped it to 60 days for an additional premium of £70.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Am into my 3rd year with AXA PPP Healthcare. Me now aged 73 and management 69. 95 days max each trip, total 183 days in each 12 months off these shores. No details of medical history or pre existing history required. The only two conditions in this policy are (1) must not travel when you know you are unfit to travel (2) must not travel against medical advice. Had to make a claim whilst in Spain last winter when other half was admitted into private hospital with arythmia (?) probs and spent three days in the hospital. Three months later I renewed the policy has no adverse comments on this claim and no conditions attached. I must admit this is an expensive policy but we were thankful we had it when needed. Must say the care in the Levante hospital was second to none, the rooms and surroundings rather like a top hotel. Safe travels to us Funsters. (must try and get to a rally sometime)

Thanks for the info. How much was this policy please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back