Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Snitrats, Mar 18, 2013.

  1. Snitrats

    Snitrats Funster

    May 13, 2011
    Groby Leicester
    Just wondered what insurance other funsters take for a short trip to France?
    Taking the van abroad for the first time this year,obviously the van is insured and has European break down cover, so I assume we just require ordinary travel insurance ? I ask because looking at CC site for instance they say this is not suitable for a motorhome holiday and should have combined policy.This sound like I am paying for the van twice,or am I missing something . :Smile:
  2. RogeTeri

    RogeTeri Read Only Funster

    Apr 8, 2012
    Abrantes, Portugal
    Shop around

    Length of stay, age and any present medical conditions will determine the premium you will be charged for cover. Depending on your need you might want to consider an annual policy rather than a specified short term cover. Sometimes banks offer cover as part of their services.

    I would shop around as cheaper policies are not all what they are cracked up to be. You must gird your loins and read the small print carefully as there are many exclusions slipped in and sods law says that bit of cover is what you really want. If in doubt give them a call and be specific with your questions. Check out what they will do if you need to go to hospital and if you need repatriation. Also think about what happens to your van if you can't get it home.

    I'm not much help really and I'm sure you'll get many replies with more specific advice, but do shop around as you will find a range of prices. With your health cheapest is not always best.

Share This Page