Travel insurance...Two policies? (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Or does someone know better? I have searched and searched and have been unable to find the policy we need... Ideally a multitrip that allows for example 185 days in any one trip. I can find ones that allow up to 100 days at a push and still cover other trips throughout the year. I can of course buy an extended stay policy and have that last for however long we estimate. I cannot seem to find a policy that does all I want!
Has anyone else resorted to buying two policies, not necessarily at the same time but running concurrently at some point, as the annual multitrip would last a year obv. Any thoughts? :Doh: Jane :Smile:

rarin2go

Free Member
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
I have an add on policy with my Insurer - Comfort and it is an annual policy that allows for 180 days at any one time. You can specify the number of days for any one trip and the policy will be priced accordingly.

Hope that helps

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As the NFU shuts at 12.30 on Saturdays and does not reopen until 8am Monday (or Ferry time as I call it) I could not try them out. So I went for an annual policy that allows for 60 day trips that did not cost too much money.
I will investigate further when required (or a bit beforehand) Jane

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
Take care we once tried to get cover once we had left the UK and most companys would not insure us. Eventually used World Nomads and Australian company but they had a 3 day lead in time, so had to stay well for that time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old chap

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
sitingbourne
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
newby
E U motorhome cover

Or does someone know better? I have searched and searched and have been unable to find the policy we need... Ideally a multitrip that allows for example 185 days in any one trip. I can find ones that allow up to 100 days at a push and still cover other trips throughout the year. I can of course buy an extended stay policy and have that last for however long we estimate. I cannot seem to find a policy that does all I want!
Has anyone else resorted to buying two policies, not necessarily at the same time but running concurrently at some point, as the annual multitrip would last a year obv. Any thoughts? :Doh: Jane :Smile:
Hi as a newby to motorhomes but several years as a caravanner,I automatically went to the Camping & caravan club for a quote for cover on the motorhome. They turned out to be the cheapest of the many quotes I obtained,& they offer 180 days EU cover as standard & will no doubt quote if you need longer than that
Old chap

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Safeguard provides 365 day cover for foreign trips, as many as you like for as long as you like each trip. European Breakdown cover is also included at no extra cost - as we have foundout!
The problem we had was getting health insurance for longer than 60 days without paying mega bucks!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back