Travel Insurance refund - at last!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In March I asked our annual travel insurance provider, Asda, for a refund for our unused months but got told the policy did not allow for a refund after 14 days. I asked again a bit later once I'd found out that some insurers were giving part-refunds, but was told again I wasn't entitled to it so I asked for it to be referred to the underwriters seeing as it was virtually impossible to use it due to other countries not allowing international travel.

I've just got an email back today to say they are going to cancel the policy and issue a pro-rata refund. ? I asked them if they will be back-dating it to March when I made the original request ... should be interesting to see what I get back, something is better than nothing!

So, if you have a policy, even if you have been told you are not entitled to a refund, kick it back to them to check with the actual underwriter. (y)

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I received my Aviva World Wide Multi Trip Travel Insurance renewal yesterday. No mention of a refund, and the premium had increased from £245 pa to £495!
I rang them immediately when the lady explained that we were over 70. I mentioned that we had been 'over 70' for three years now, but it didn't wash! I reduced the cover to Europe only. £243...
John

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
We use the caravan club for the van insurance and their red pennant travel insurance, we don’t regularly travel abroad.
This year we took out a policy for our French trip that didn’t happen at Easter.
They posted in one of their news letters that that would issue refunds for unused insurance.
My wife gave them a call, a very friendly helpful lady said no problem and refunded the lot, all received within a few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back