Travel insurance limit? (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Went to get my final chore done before leaving for Italy, only to find that Thompson's travel, who gave me a 4 month policy last year don't do over 5 months? Hmmm. I had intended 6 - 7 months, I'm sure this must have come up before, does anyone know of a company that would accommodate me?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have used the caravan and Motorhome club service and it was 185 days flexible but it isn't cheap .

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Camping Club do a long stay policy which covers 6 months and without any previous existing conditions costs £102.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Thanks Mikeco, got that deal, Im very happy with it, thanks for responding,
Thanks to all,
Steph

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We use nationwide travel, we paid £218 for 180 days the maximum they would do. It was an upgrade from the free 30 days they do.

Deleted User
Have Nationwide via Flexi Plus and beware, this is Travel Insurance and not health insurance. Fall ill and they get you back to the UK for treatment, Not ideal for many many reasons. Having just been flown back from Malta, within 4 days of having and operation all set up. Will be changing insurance and banks asap. Caveat Emptor read those tiny words in the small print, and question everything you high light.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Have Nationwide via Flexi Plus and beware, this is Travel Insurance and not health insurance. Fall ill and they get you back to the UK for treatment, Not ideal for many many reasons. Having just been flown back from Malta, within 4 days of having and operation all set up. Will be changing insurance and banks asap. Caveat Emptor read those tiny words in the small print, and question everything you high light.
Tbf, for me, the travel insurance is just a bonus. It's the breakdown cover and saves me loads over a year. I wouldn't change bank because the bonus wasn't as good as I thought.

Deleted User
Perhaps right, as I did enjoy the banking better and cheaper than Barclays, But the insurance is cheaper by £100, but if no good and have to by separate may cancel the flex and go with green flag etc.
What is Tbf?
Ian

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Perhaps right, as I did enjoy the banking better and cheaper than Barclays, But the insurance is cheaper by £100, but if no good and have to by separate may cancel the flex and go with green flag etc.
What is Tbf?
Ian
To be fair. Sorry there's so many these days, I thought most know. Sorry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back