Travel insurance for and best friend (1 Viewer)

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Can you tell me please if any of you have travel insurance for your dog? This being long stay type as we go away for 5 months. Any insurance company names etc would help please, the few I have tried only do shorter term.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can't help but would say that if that is your dog in the profile pic @drago35uk will be along to introduce his 3 bernease

OP
OP
mrhappydog

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
Should be 'For our best friend'. I left my brain somewhere when I retired, anyone seen it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Who did you go with in the end?
We are tempted by asda but are having trouble funding out if there's anything they don't cover
We got stung for £600 recently when pet protect wouldn't cover an exploratory investigation under anaesthetic to see why our dog was reverse sneezing. They don't cover anything ingested through the nasal passage - very random exception we thought. Very keen now to read the small print but with asda there is none just broad bullet points.
Any advice appreciated

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Tesco have just underwritten my dogs insurance to cover our 6 month in Europe, at no extra cost ! Thank You Tesco ! I did get a good quote from LV though while waiting for Tescos decision, they were able to give me a quote for a 10 year old dog which washout same price. It doesn't cost a lot ore than the rate you pay for being at home but I wouldn't be without it.
Try LV first as Tesco don't do it routinely but LV do.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We went finally with Debenhams and got a £30 gift card which'll be handy for xmas when I get it in three months!
- premium of £25 a month and its up to 340 days a year or something. Zenith underwrites therm. Apparently they liaise well with foreign vets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back