May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone

We are leaving home in Jan for our next tour, has anyone travelled from Bayonne, France to Faro and if so what route would you recommend + 'cammperstops', aires etc.,

Maybe we might see some of you on route or at the winter sites if not have a lovely Christmas & New Year everyone happy touring!!!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I don't know the depth of your purse and whether you are averse to avoiding Motorways, but, for what it's worth (as a Tyke with short arms and lonnnnggggggg pockets) this is my route.

I would use the Motorway as far as the border (I know what I've already said, but.....) because the roads around Bayonne and south are busy, full of traffic lights and roundabouts. After crossing the border I'd use the N121A to Pamplona. It's not all dualled but the uphill sections are 2 to 1 for overtaking.
From Pamplona it's a mix of Motorways and good roads via Logrono, Burgos, Valladolid, Salamanca, Caceres, Merida, Seville then right to Portugal.

There are load of short cuts, avoids etc. but that will get you started. According to Michelin, it's 750 miles.
Enjoy your trip

Jul 21, 2015
Lymm, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Toleno r
Exp
Since Oct 2014
we are doing pretty much the same route from chunnel on 2nd jan .as another tyke I like toll free but the mountains from irun to Miranda can be affected by snow.I just head for vitoria and miranda. theres an aire right in the middle of Miranda next to the ebro. After Miranda the old road non toll to burgos is ok then all free to ayamonte then Portugal toll a22 .take a look at lapaca website it shows all motorhome parking areas in spain with co ords and pics. we have pencilled in a stop on site at Salamanca but will probably use an aire as second stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Marilyn

Free Member
May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Many thanks for your info I shall be spending the weekend looking at the maps to decide the best route for us. Have a safe trip 'scallywag15' maybe we might see you somewhere en route.

Happy christmas

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do you have a Sat Nav ? If so this will sort out your route using toll or non toll. Do you also have internet ? If so have a look at Michelin maps, under options select caravan and then tolls and the toll costs will be calculated for a class two motorhome. Camperstop will tell you which Aires you need and using the filters will help you find the most suitable one for your needs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back