Travel advice for France and Belgium please - especially if you've recently travelled or are about to go! (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - it has been very helpful, and good to hear of people's experiences.

I think we are now ready for our trip to Spa.

I've got Lateral Flow test kits to take with us, Day-2 kits ordered for our return, NHS App on our phones, and all Passenger Location forms ready to complete and submit at the appropriate time.

Also the Belgian Covid Scan App confirms that we may enter Belgium, and proves we have a "Covid-Safe Ticket for the F1 Grand Prix

I'm looking forward to my first trip on le shuttle! :giggle:
Have you worked out how to get a test in Belgium on day 1 or 2 ? Or are you thinking a lateral flow test self-administered will work?

Have a great trip to Spa.

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Have you worked out how to get a test in Belgium on day 1 or 2 ? Or are you thinking a lateral flow test self-administered will work?

Have a great trip to Spa.
I've got Lateral Flow test kits to take with us. Also, it's a bit unclear, but we may need to take a PCR test to enter the race circuit, which would be on Day 1, so I assume that would suffice. PCR tests will be available.
Thanks for your good wishes - really looking forward to it!

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I've got Lateral Flow test kits to take with us. Also, it's a bit unclear, but we may need to take a PCR test to enter the race circuit, which would be on Day 1, so I assume that would suffice. PCR tests will be available.
Thanks for your good wishes - really looking forward to it!
Keen to hear how you get on as planning a trip to Belgium in a couple of weeks time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
As the thread starter, I'm pleased to say that I'm currently sat on the grass watching Free Practice #2 at Spa! All very straight forward. Didn't even have to have test to enter the circuit, which we had expected ( and paid for. :( )

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
You do not need testing in Belgium once the vaccination certificate is accepted nor should quarantine apply refer to the sections on testing and quarantine on the link above.
The rules changed last week. Belgium finally accept the NHS vaccination as proof, they didn’t until the 13th August.

So as long as you are fully vaccinated it is now legal to enter Belgium if you have been in Britain (or any other Red country) in the last 14 days - we are still red in their eyes.

Deending on how you arrive and how long you intend to stay it is likely you will need to complete the PLF.

Now it gets tricky.

Except as below You WILL need to take a PCR test AND SELF ISOLATE for 3 days or until the test comes back negative. They do call and check.

The only get out clause I have seen is if you stay less than 48 hours, then you don’t need to quarantine.

So ask me again next Friday if I was arrested or not and I will tell you if the ruse works!

PS Arriving by car means almost no checks. I’ve spoken to locals who say there are no border checks on the roads

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
The rules changed last week. Belgium finally accept the NHS vaccination as proof, they didn’t until the 13th August.

So as long as you are fully vaccinated it is now legal to enter Belgium if you have been in Britain (or any other Red country) in the last 14 days - we are still red in their eyes.

Deending on how you arrive and how long you intend to stay it is likely you will need to complete the PLF.

Now it gets tricky.

Except as below You WILL need to take a PCR test AND SELF ISOLATE for 3 days or until the test comes back negative. They do call and check.

The only get out clause I have seen is if you stay less than 48 hours, then you don’t need to quarantine.

So ask me again next Friday if I was arrested or not and I will tell you if the ruse works!

PS Arriving by car means almost no checks. I’ve spoken to locals who say there are no border checks on the roads
You need to complete a PLF regardless if you come from the UK and today they announced testing on Day 1 and Day 7 unless you stay for less than 48 hours.

The PCR can be done on day 1 or 2 though.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’m staying less than 48 hours. What wasn’t clear to me was what happens when you are a Brit who enters via France.

When you come by plane, train or boat what you say is clear. It’s when you arrive by car from France it isn’t obvious - to me or the bods at work who are wrangling this stuff.

if you complete the PLF you will be called.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Revolvor i hope you're somewhere dry mate, I've been watching the coverage on sky it's looking pretty grim :oops:

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Revolvor i hope you're somewhere dry mate, I've been watching the coverage on sky it's looking pretty grim :oops:
Thanks! :giggle:

Yes, 18 months of planning, and 4 laps behind the safety car! :( Spent the morning in the beer tent watching some Porsche racing, and for the afternoon we were in the covered stand at Eau Rouge so not too wet. Practice and qualifying was good too, but from a different part of the circuit. It was a good crowd, so quite a laugh. I was surprised how many Max fans were also supporting Norris and Russell. Still, overall it has been a fun experience.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Thanks! :giggle:

Yes, 18 months of planning, and 4 laps behind the safety car! :( Spent the morning in the beer tent watching some Porsche racing, and for the afternoon we were in the covered stand at Eau Rouge so not too wet. Practice and qualifying was good too, but from a different part of the circuit. It was a good crowd, so quite a laugh. I was surprised how many Max fans were also supporting Norris and Russell. Still, overall it has been a fun experience.
Probably my favourite circuit as a viewer, i'm hoping to be able to go next year if possible.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I am going to add our NHS vaccination certificates to the TousAntiCovid app for France. Would this generate a QR code that is recognised in Belgium?
No. The TAC app only uploads the UK QR code (which is accepted in 🇫🇷) i ‘think’ the 🇬🇧 QR code is accepted in 🇧🇪 though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back