trauma heater (1 Viewer)

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
hi guys. it's been a while posting. hope everyone is ok. I am removing my trauma heater (gas) replacing that with a thetford oven and have a diesel heater Instead for heating. I'm struggling getting the traumer heater out at the moment. does anyone have any advice or links? also what recommendations for a diesel heaters from amazon or Ebay. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

many thanks

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I took mine out to repair it, disconnected everything then heaved it up. Awkward and a bit of a back breaker but it came out. It was fitted under a fixed bed.

OP
OP
B

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
I took mine out to repair it, disconnected everything then heaved it up. Awkward and a bit of a back breaker but it came out. It was fitted under a fixed bed.

yes it's the old one in our MH brown cover. it's been used several times in the past few years but the wife has been pestering for a while for a oven as we have 3 youngsters so easier at food times for us. I seems to be stuck to something under the base. could be the gas pipe etc. maybe have to take the panels our at the sides to remove.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
just set up the diesel heater. it does look a decent kit. would you run it off vehicle battery or leisure? I have one under bonnet controlling pump and lights. also 2 leasure batteries in the had area controlling sockets 12v fridge. any advice? I could maybe do all 3 batteries and have them on seperate 12v switches would that be a good option?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back