Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Ime assuming that the truma temp stat is in its control knob the one with 500w off 1000w 2000w
You select let's say 2000w then turn the top bit from 1 to 9 for temperature
I believe that's the actual stat & not something else hidden away somewhere

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
I think that what matters is the position not of the control knob, but of the temperature sensor, as referred to by previous posters. It looks like this (with only the head of the "mushroom" visible):

53.467.00.jpg

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Ime assuming that the truma temp stat is in its control knob the one with 500w off 1000w 2000w
You select let's say 2000w then turn the top bit from 1 to 9 for temperature
I believe that's the actual stat & not something else hidden away somewhere
yes that is the user part of the stat but the temperature sensor is usually elsewhere looks like a black dome with a slot about 20mm in diameter

crosed post with above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Btw where could I buy another one of them sensors from ??
I used the over-temperature sensor out of a dead phone battery until the new one I ordered arrived. Worked a treat but made the adjustment of the temp control a bit critical. And to answer another question it is a NTC thermistor. In fact if your heating doesn't come on, or stays on when it should not, you can test for the former by by disconnecting the thermistor and for the latter by shorting it out.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I used the over-temperature sensor out of a dead phone battery until the new one I ordered arrived. Worked a treat but made the adjustment of the temp control a bit critical. And to answer another question it is a NTC thermistor. In fact if your heating doesn't come on, or stays on when it should not, you can test for the former by by disconnecting the thermistor and for the latter by shorting it out.
I don't think mine is faulty , just I want to try and move it so the heat re kicks in better, rather than move the old 1 and leave a hole , just turn it into a dummy one and use a new one instead in a new location.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
shorting and removing a thermistor is unlikley to work its not like a switch its a variable resistance which is electronically registered on the pcb in the heater

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back