LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Parked up and fire on gas, a few hrs later we heard the gas fire ignitor working. Gas fire came on, went out, did this several times so we assumed the gas was empty.
Just been and swapped bottle, in hindsight it might not have been empty as the fire is doing the same thing. Its as if its not getting the gas. Cooker is working.
Any ideas please.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi Sandra know nothing about the trauma fire but sounds like the flame sensing device which im sure it has may be playing up and shutting it down then its attempting to relight.. does it switch its self on and off automatically, as you say you heard the ignitor working some time after it was set away...
maybe someone who knows the particular fire will be able to offer a better explanation ..

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Andy, weare parked up at our usual Troon spot. The fire has just came on again, about 10 min after I put the outside vent cover on. Probably a coincidence but wondered if it was due to the horizontal rain. Just playing a guessing game here and trying to eliminate what I can. Thx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
cant offer a fix, but have you had the MH serviced (habitation) since purchased?

gas appliances not working properly worry me

have you got a carbon monoxide monitor?

sorry you have a problem, sorry I cant help and even more sorry if I sound like I am worrying you

presumably you are not on hook up?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi Andy, weare parked up at our usual Troon spot. The fire has just came on again, about 10 min after I put the outside vent cover on. Probably a coincidence but wondered if it was due to the horizontal rain. Just playing a guessing game here and trying to eliminate what I can. Thx

again non technical, but I would have thought the vent you have covered would have been for the fridge not the heater which I would think should vent to the roof

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
A couple of questions to help us help you, are you using propane or butane? Do you have a bottle mounted regulator or a bulkhead unit? What is the outside temperature?

D.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not on hook up David. I know the previous owners looked after the MH and had a new regulator fitted. Yes oir detector is workibg, tried it earlier. Thx for your comments.
Strangely enough the fire is operating fine again now.
I know nothing but im somehow guessing it might be the rain.

Oh spoke to soon, playing up again .now

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
A couple of questions to help us help you, are you using propane or butane? Do you have a bottle mounted regulator or a bulkhead unit? What is the outside temperature?

D.
Hi we are using propane.
The fire is coming and going. The pilot light keeps going out.
Could it be sonething so silly as the wind ? We are right on the beach.
Bottle head regulator or bulkhead, sorry but being female I aint got a clue. How can I tell ? Thx

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Propane is fine, rules out low temperature causing butane not to vapourise. Assuming your "TrUmA fire" is a 3002 type model wind is a possible factor, is it a roof mounted flue or through the floor? Bottle mount regulator sits at the outlet valve of the cylinder, bulkhead reg is mounted on the gas locker wall with a rubber hose from cylinder to it. Nothing to do with being female, you just don't know, this is more normal than you think.

D.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
H
Maybe time to check whether you packed your thermals!!
Hot water bottles are in the beds now.:)
Think an early night is coming up as soon as the MH cools down

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its a roof mounted flue. Just going to brave the elements and take a photo .

Too dark for photo but I now know its a bulkhead in more ways than one.
All I achieved was a lump on my head. Bloody flap blew shut on me.LOL

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
No need for a photo, being roof mounted tells me its a S3002 type heater. It probably needs cleaning out. Spiders like to build nests in the combustion air intakes and cause all sorts of problems. Only this week we had a motorhome in for hab inspection and the fridge would light on gas but after ten seconds or so was popping and spitting flame out of the air hole, turned out to be spiders web in the burner assembly as you can see in the photo.
DSCF1326.JPG

D.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Concur on the spiders webs.
Mine did exactly as yours is doing now.
Removed fire, strip down, cleared jets, blew all out with compressed air and it's been perfect since.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thx for all the help.
Will look at the bit to be cleaned in the morning.
In the last few mins the wind has died down and fire is working so possibly been the wind. No harm in cleaning what I know to now clean though.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back