Trauma error code E507H (2 Viewers)

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,
I have recently bought a benimar 331 and as a first time motorhomer myself and my wife have been going on weekend breaks to familiarise ourselves with the vehicle.
We have just returned from a night of wild camping and have come across a problem with our truma combi heater.
The motorhome was toasty warm when we tucked in at night, but when I woke up it felt decidedly chilly. On inspecting the truma console the error code E507H was showing. An investigation on the internet showed that this meant the gas bottle had emptied. I used the hob to boil some water and sure enough, after a minute the gas fizzled out. Feeling quite confident that I had the situation in hand, I changed the empty gas bottle over for a full one, checked the gas on the hob, (working) turned the fridge back on gas, ( working) and finally turned the truma combi back on. To my dismay, after about 30 seconds the error code E507H showed again.
I tried various things trying to remedy the problem but all to no avail. When I returned home I put the motorhome on mains electric but still the same code comes up.
It is a new vehicle so I can take it back to the showroom but I was wondering in advance if any people here have come across a similar problem.
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Apologies just noticed the title says Trauma. Bloody predictive texts.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
From the posts on here you would think it is merely correcting the name the manufacturers got wrong. That said mines been fine (Touches wood)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Martin, and welcome (y)

Attached are 2 x screen shots which cover all of the possibilities.

All the best,

Andrew

Screenshot_20190113-200050_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190113-200101_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Andrew,
That's where I got my info on the empty gas bottle. Unfortunately it seems that somehow the system seems not to accept that the gas bottle was now full. I wonder if there is a reset button somewhere?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Andrew,
That's where I got my info on the empty gas bottle. Unfortunately it seems that somehow the system seems not to accept that the gas bottle was now full. I wonder if there is a reset button somewhere?

Hi Martin,

You seem to be having the exact same symptoms to which I experienced last year on a new Truma 6E with 40 operating hours under its belt.

It turned out to be a faulty gas valve which required the removal of the boiler and the replacement of the 2kw valve.

I had three seperate faults codes but when combined they tallied to having the same problem as E507H as what you are experiencing.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
P.S. Does the boiler fire up at all, I.e. just for a few seconds before it stops and throws up the fault code?

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Andrew,
Thank you for that info. It seems that a call to Marquis in the morning is in order. I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing anything.

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
No Andrew the boiler doesn't fire up at all. It takes about 30 seconds before the error code flashes up

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew,
Thank you for that info. It seems that a call to Marquis in the morning is in order. I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing anything.

The Truma guy will need to root cause the issue because there are so many attributable problems with this code that it's unlikely that any of us guys will pin the tail on the donkey first time.

If the external ambient air temperature was OK and there was no visible blockage to the Truma exhaust then it can only be a supply issue.

It may sound really stupid but is there any way that you've knocked/turned the isolator valve to the Truma system. This would normally throw up a 202 or 212 code - it's not likely to be the issue but I can but ask.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Have you got the secumotion system. If you have you need to press the green button on the cylinder end of the pigtail followed by the green button on the regulator. Hold each button in for a couple of seconds. You have to do this every time you change a bottle or turn it off for more than a couple of minutes.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Have you selected gas on the truma panel, there are various options elec/gas 1, elec/gas 2 or just gas, then there
is elec hook up. If the hob and fridge work gas is present. I've made the mistake of not selecting the correct option.

Ray

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Martin , how did it go - any luck. I suspect at this stage of proceedings you are still trying to get an appointment.

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Andrew,
Taking the motorhome down to Marquis on Saturday for their technician to have a look at it. It seems to me that once the heater went on standby due to running out of propane, the console just froze and doesn't accept that power had resumed (even mains electric).
Anyhow I'll keep you updated on the outcome as someone may run into a similar problem in the future.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew,
Taking the motorhome down to Marquis on Saturday for their technician to have a look at it. It seems to me that once the heater went on standby due to running out of propane, the console just froze and doesn't accept that power had resumed (even mains electric).
Anyhow I'll keep you updated on the outcome as someone may run into a similar problem in the future.

That's not long away Martin so I hope all goes well and it could be something really simple to sort.

Also, a big (y) for becoming a full member of the mad house.

Its good to have you onboard.

OP
OP
M

Martin B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Update on Truma boiler,
Saturday just gone, I took my moho back to Marquis to have my boiler problems diagnosed. Turns out it was a faulty truma console and not the boiler at all. It's with them at the moment while they wait for a new one to arrive.
I am pretty relieved that it was easy to diagnose and that it's not the actual boiler. Just need to wait to get it back now.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Martin, I'm chuffed that it has all worked out well for you.

It's also good of you to come back with a diagnosis as the forum team will be able to use your systems symptoms for future reference.

I hope it gets sorted in the next few days (y)

All the best,

Andrew

tonyb45

Free Member
May 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
Hi- update to this thread. Just spent a cold night in Scotland because of same symptom. I fixed it by accessing the control PCB underneath the cover on top of the boiler itself. A red led is showing. A long (~15s) press on the black button next to the LED bypassed the dickwad engineers code that never cleared the fault. Fault code was cleared. Led went green and heating started again. Useless software I’m afraid.

Froggycamp

Free Member
Nov 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Hello from French friends that found your website! A huge "merci" (thank you) to Martin B and tonyb45for their posts and solutions that will save us from a second cold night here in France! We had exactly the same issue and pressed the black button as suggested and the led went back to green and heating works again. Happy travels to all.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hello from French friends that found your website! A huge "merci" (thank you) to Martin B and tonyb45for their posts and solutions that will save us from a second cold night here in France! We had exactly the same issue and pressed the black button as suggested and the led went back to green and heating works again. Happy travels to all.
Wonderful, so glad you are sorted, thanks for letting us know, I will give them an alert with an @ sign before their names. Martin B,
Ooh looks like tonyb45 no longer with the forum. ☹️
:hiya:

Baphomet DK

Free Member
Apr 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Reted a large one
This thread saved us too in cold Iceland 2022. Just to clarify how to reset the boiler, because the button must not be held in too long either! Here is a step guide:
1) The boiler is the big rund thing.
2) There is a green and a red light on it
3) The black button is just to the right from these lights
4) Press and hold the black button til a yellow light start flashing and THEN release the button while it is still flashing! If you wait to long no reset will occur!
5) Now only the green light is on and this means the boiler is resat and ready to use.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
This thread saved us too in cold Iceland 2022. Just to clarify how to reset the boiler, because the button must not be held in too long either! Here is a step guide:
1) The boiler is the big rund thing.
2) There is a green and a red light on it
3) The black button is just to the right from these lights
4) Press and hold the black button til a yellow light start flashing and THEN release the button while it is still flashing! If you wait to long no reset will occur!
5) Now only the green light is on and this means the boiler is resat and ready to use.
A huuuge thanks. Currently had the same problem in a park up in Whitstable. Flipping chilly night too. Just got it fired back up🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back