Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We're staying at Villasol in Benidorm and just along from the camp there is a road that always has 'wild' campers parked in it. For the past three days there has been two Netherlands registered Hymers parked back to back. As we were walking into town this afternoon, we saw a couple of police standing near the vans and as we approached they started to walk away. As we got next to the first van, the door was open and it was obvious the van has been broken into and stuff was everywhere. It was a real mess. The owners, were in deep conversation with their friends in the other van and as we walked away, both vans departed.

Just make sure that you always lock and alarm your van where ever you are. It must be so terrible to come back and find your home has been trashed.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am amazed anyone would even consider wilding in Benidorm. Would they have parked up in the middle of Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds and gone off doing whatever they were doing and expect to come back and nothing be touched.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's the feeling I think we all dread... :Eeek:

There are always vans parking there and on the car park near the hospital. Ok if you just want a stopover / night stop but some people stay there for weeks at a time and anyone watching can soon see their routines....

As a regular in Benidorm I see vans parked for long periods in many of the streets... There are so many sites to choose so space is not often a problem.
When you see vans with value in excess of £50k parked for days on end you have to wonder why they do it....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm

I know the people in one of the hymers parked at the end of the street and I was talking to them this morning on the seafront, they're usually on Raco but they had a disagreement with the staff last year.they're killing time untill the15th when they go to Marjal and they where saying how much money they will save with the cheaper rent, obviously not a saving if there van was broke into.
I expect to see them in the next couple of days so I will keep you posted
alan

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We're staying at Villasol in Benidorm and just along from the camp there is a road that always has 'wild' campers parked in it. For the past three days there has been two Netherlands registered Hymers parked back to back. As we were walking into town this afternoon, we saw a couple of police standing near the vans and as we approached they started to walk away. As we got next to the first van, the door was open and it was obvious the van has been broken into and stuff was everywhere. It was a real mess. The owners, were in deep conversation with their friends in the other van and as we walked away, both vans departed.

Just make sure that you always lock and alarm your van where ever you are. It must be so terrible to come back and find your home has been trashed.

i know ware you are talking about stayed there a few times without any problems but never rely left the van unattended or not secure we only slept there and when we did live it there between the tow vans sum one always stayed to look after them
and the pets :whatthe:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We are in Spain at present. We don't leave the van unattended in shopping car parks and in habituated places.

We try to keep the van in sight when we go to the beach.

We do the same in the UK with Joan doing the shopping etc. and I stay with the van. Its our home so better safe than sorry.

At filling stations in the UK or abroad I fill the vehicle and Joan goes to the kiosk or booth to pay.

We wild park all of the time we can, but will use Aires or CL/CS when necessary.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Hymer Update

I was speaking to the Dutch people today that parked there Hymers in the street opposite Villasol and they have moved to Albir, they hadn't had there vans broke into but the police moved them on which surprised them.Normally the police in Benidorm are quite tolerant for a few days but they do seem to be having a purge at the moment against everything, they even pulled local bus yesterday and the driver was having to show his documents with a queue of passengers at the bus stop.
Alan

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I was speaking to the Dutch people today that parked there Hymers in the street opposite Villasol and they have moved to Albir, they hadn't had there vans broke into but the police moved them on which surprised them.Normally the police in Benidorm are quite tolerant for a few days but they do seem to be having a purge at the moment against everything, they even pulled local bus yesterday and the driver was having to show his documents with a queue of passengers at the bus stop.
Alan

And I always thought the Dutch were neat and tidy!
Glad they hadn't suffered a crime, it just goes to show you should never assume.........

Allan

OP
OP
Spottycatz

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
And I always thought the Dutch were neat and tidy!
Glad they hadn't suffered a crime, it just goes to show you should never assume.........

Allan

Well that does amaze us. :Eeek: You couldn't even see the floor of the van for stuff strewn about, it was a total mess inside. Still each to their own. We're pleased that they hadn't been broken into anyway.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Am amazed anyone would even consider wilding in Benidorm. Would they have parked up in the middle of Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds and gone off doing whatever they were doing and expect to come back and nothing be touched.
Of course they would Dave, Mary has been wilding in Coronation Street in her Autotrail frontier for years, hee hee:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Of course they would Dave, Mary has been wilding in Coronation Street in her Autotrail frontier for years, hee hee:thumb:

I take it you didnt watch it last night Roger. Kids throwing stones at it :Eeek:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Well that does amaze us. :Eeek: You couldn't even see the floor of the van for stuff strewn about, it was a total mess inside. Still each to their own. We're pleased that they hadn't been broken into anyway.:thumb:

They carry all the paraphernalia for long term camping so if they had to produce there passports and documents they probably had to get them out of hiding hence every thing strewn about. They have lots of friends here on Raco so when I see them again I'l. Get more info.
alan:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back