Transiting france (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have business in northern italy, which can only be concluded in person, while i could fly in, i would prefer to combine it with a holiday, to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
I Have no intention of getting on a plane for the foreseeable future, so the only other option is to drive there, or to wait, but that could cost me a lot of money.
Ferry to Santander, drive to Barcelona, Ferry to Genoa!!
Expensive.BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I know you were, unfortunately I also still have a high school sense of humour at times. Things need said, as a Glaswegian once said to me.
I'm married to a Bankie ... :oops: And my humour never developed beyond the 3rd Form [according to a former work colleague] :LOL:

Steve

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I sent this email to the French embassy on the 31st of May.

Hello,

Can you help me with your border entry rules please. We are two people living in the UK who both hold Irish Passports (E.U. approved).

Will we be allowed to enter France (Early July) if we turn up at the Dover to Calais ferry port with our Irish passports, a negative antigen test document (taken within last 48 hrs) and a sworn declaration. Then transit down through France and cross the Spanish Border at Irun. Would we need further testing to exit France. I expect it would take us 2 days to travel through France in our Motorhome and during this time we would isolate ourselves in our Motorhome.

Regards,

Philip

This is the response I received this morning.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Due to the travel restrictions + compulsory 7 days quarantine for all entering France, I regret to say that driving through France is currently not an option. I invite you to check https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage for an eventual ease of the situation.

Cordialement/ Regards,

MT

Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London

21 Cromwell Road

LONDON – SW7 2EN

www.ambafrance-uk.org

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

Hello,

Can you help me with your border entry rules please. We are two people living in the UK who both hold Irish Passports (E.U. approved).

Will we be allowed to enter France (Early July) if we turn up at the Dover to Calais ferry port with our Irish passports, a negative antigen test document (taken within last 48 hrs) and a sworn declaration. Then transit down through France and cross the Spanish Border at Irun. Would we need further testing to exit France. I expect it would take us 2 days to travel through France in our Motorhome and during this time we would isolate ourselves in our Motorhome.

Regards,

Philip

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Due to the travel restrictions + compulsory 7 days quarantine for all entering France, I regret to say that driving through France is currently not an option. I invite you to check https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage for an eventual ease of the situation.

Cordialement/ Regards,

MT

21 Cromwell Road

LONDON – SW7 2EN

www.ambafrance-uk.org
That'll be a 'Non', then? :rolleyes:

Amicalement, mais je ne suis pas vachement content

Steve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

Hello,

Regards,

Philip

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Cordialement/ Regards,

MT

21 Cromwell Road

LONDON – SW7 2EN

www.ambafrance-uk.org
I got an extremely similar response from mine.
At least it cleared it up, even though there was potential with the "Border Official decision making"
Succesfully moved my leave back a week so now looking at 28th June. I fear we may have to wait til France turns green before we can expect a reciprocal response

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I got an extremely similar response from mine.
At least it cleared it up, even though there was potential with the "Border Official decision making"
Succesfully moved my leave back a week so now looking at 28th June. I fear we may have to wait til France turns green before we can expect a reciprocal response
No reply to my email as yet, not that it matters though, i think the issue is settled.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Luckily it looks as if we did it just in time then - hopefully it will ease by the time we travel back

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back