Transit of Rouen (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
It's been a while since we did the 'minimum-toll' route to Spain - Pont Mathilde in Rouen was still being rebuilt.
We used to go the D6105 on the right (eastern) bank of the Seine, but the D18e on the western bank is, I think, all dual carriageway now.

Is the D18e the better route these days ?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The eastern bank - while now having more speed restrictions - lets you see the Seine meandering to the sea and usually a barge or two. Prefer this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
... lets you see the Seine meandering to the sea and usually a barge or two.
I see all the barges I need to see during the summer, thanks!
P1020612.jpg

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Can't tell you names but we come off the A28 in the centre as you see the church , to the lights at T junction doing a left past church on right straight on direction Paris, just a few yards fork right this will take you along river(on right) towards Pont d'la arch and Evereux

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Found this post from a few years ago and has worked every time since. Worth printing out and putting in glove box.

"Over many years we have not found a sensible alternative to bypass Rouen. The motorway becomes Dual carriageway at the city's edge and drops down through a tunnel. Exit this in the inside lane and in 1.5km take the 3rd exit signed to Vernon. The slip road ends in traffic lights - go in the centre lane to turn left across a dual carriageway. You should now be in the right hand lane for the next set of lights. Go straight on then bear right onto the D6015 signed for Vernon. In a little while the Seine appears on your right and you are clear of the City.

I would be really tempted to keep these instructions they were written by a driver for a driver and worked really well for us."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back