leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,
there is some sort of plastic bag with some fluid in in the drivers side wing, is it a blocked drain or something else ? it is opaque and incredibly thin. Any clues?
Thanks in advance,
Lee.

Jan 19, 2014
south shields
MH
Chausson 620 welcoome
Exp
since 1990
hi leeboy, is it the sort of bag/ bubble plastic you get in parcels as packaging. think ive come across that on mine certainly on the inside at the base of the windscreen pillars.. the purpose of which I am unsure of, maybe to stop rattling, prevent draughts etc. no water in mine but if you have found it in the wing cavity it may have taken in some water.....cant think it could be much else.
ta andy

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Mmm not sure it looks like it could be to protect cables etc from water .....i think it's a fair bet that the water in it shouldn't be in it
It could well be a blocked drainage hole

Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
MH
Benimar, Mileo 290i
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I have not got anything looking like that. If it was to protect cables it should be sealed and NOt have water in it. Very odd

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just had a check, the wire goes to the side repeater, there is no bag / plastic visable, but if I put my fingers in the appature reaching towards the back of the van I can touch what feels like a plastic or foam substance.

It deforms with touch and bounces back (if you've ever felt a breast implant, it's rather like that). It gives no indication of being filled with water, more of an air-filled feel and totally dry.

OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for all your replies, will mention it at it's first service (though Ford probably won't know!)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Just had a check, the wire goes to the side repeater, there is no bag / plastic visable, but if I put my fingers in the appature reaching towards the back of the van I can touch what feels like a plastic or foam substance.

It deforms with touch and bounces back (if you've ever felt a breast implant, it's rather like that). It gives no indication of being filled with water, more of an air-filled feel and totally dry.
Ive felt a right tit at times right enough

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services