Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Haven't seen this elsewhere here so ...

It is being reported in the French English language newspaper The Connexion ( https://tinyurl.com/ybno9qbo) that the French authorities have said:

"The statement from the ministry of foreign affairs, le Quai d’Orsay, clearly states: “[Travellers from the UK] whatever their nationality [will be] invited to undertake a [14-day] quarantine [upon arrival to France].”
It will apply to travellers arriving via any means, including by air, sea, or train.
It will not apply to travellers who are entering France only to transit to another country, nor to aircraft staff, goods transporter drivers, seasonal farm workers, or medics and researchers working against Covid-19.
The decision appears to have been made in response to the UK government saying that travellers from France to the UK would be required to self-isolate for 14 days, in contrast to a previous statement between the two countries.
France said that it would impose “reciprocal measures” for any European country requiring a quarantine."

Important for me, coz I need to get to my boat in Belgium ( to sell it ) and then emigrate to Spain and I'm sure as hell not using any ferries if I can possibly avoid it

Cheers 'n' Beers

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Important for me, coz I need to get to my boat in Belgium ( to sell it ) and then emigrate to Spain and I'm sure as hell not using any ferries if I can possibly avoid it

Which Brittany Ferries vessel has pet friendly cabins and takes motorroams ?
I have it my head there's only one ...
Who can tell me please without me having to trawl thro' their website ... ?

A little confused as I contributed to your thread a couple of days back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Which Brittany Ferries vessel has pet friendly cabins and takes motorroams ?
I have it my head there's only one ...
Who can tell me please without me having to trawl thro' their website ... ?

A little confused as I contributed to your thread a couple of days back?
Have you an address to give there border control so they can check your self isolation or if going to spain they haven’t said when they are opening borders yet

OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
OK, I've a boat in Belgium and a house waiting in Spain.
I can travel to Belgium have 6 weeks boating and will then happily quarantine for 14 days on my return - we'll be packing up to emigrate.

The PFC query was posted before I read that France was permitting travellers to transit thro' the country - in less than 2 weeks time.

Next?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back