Transit deadlocks again (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
After reading the thread on the attempted theft of a Transit based motorhome we decided to see if ours is fitted with deadlocks.
Sure enough if you press the lock button on the remote twice you hear a second click......well Max was busy fitting a new waterpump (another story) and we forgot that we had double clicked so when he finished he went to reverse the motorhome back into its place on the drive turned the key nothing but a beep beep sound.....tried again nothing so he unlocked the doors with a double click and bingo it then started .
Ours is a 2006 Transit with automatic transmission.

johnnyknife

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
The Middle
Funster No
MH
Low pofile
Exp
new
Pretty sure that mine doesn't, the one that was nearly stolen, I will check when I get it back from the repairers. Although how they got into mine it probably wouldn't have mattered if it did deadlock.

I'm fitting one of these to upgrade the useless Ford lock

http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-security/transit-hykee-lock-upgrade

Then in for an alarm at Dave Newell@s

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I've got a new chausson on a transit chassis. ..
You can press the remote twice and hear two clicks but the doors arnt deadlocked... The test would be to try and open them from the inside... (sometimes it's on a timed function but usually around 20 sec) after that try the doors from inside... If you can open them with handle from within they arnt deadlocked..
My self build transit (08 )plate on a panel van can be deadlocked..
Andy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The problem is that most of the thieves are now using the Tibbe lock picks. The pick is designed to assume the profile of your key when correctly adjusted, so it will deactivate the deadlocks the same as if you put your own key in the door lock and opened it.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I've got a new chausson on a transit chassis. ..
You can press the remote twice and hear two clicks but the doors arnt deadlocked... The test would be to try and open them from the inside... (sometimes it's on a timed function but usually around 20 sec) after that try the doors from inside... If you can open them with handle from within they arnt deadlocked..
My self build transit (08 )plate on a panel van can be deadlocked..
Andy..
Just tested Andy and if we do two clicks we can't open the doors from the handle inside so they must be deadlocked

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Just tested Andy and if we do two clicks we can't open the doors from the handle inside so they must be deadlocked
I checked mine shortly after getting it... When you read the handbook you get the impression it does deadlock,but tried it and it doesn't have that ..
I think you can still open with a key from the drivers door by turning it twice ... I'll be checking the other van when I get home lol... All these threads get you thinking and the old memory isn't that good :).
Safe travels.
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back