Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I am researching various base vehicles with a view to buying a MH - Is it correct that there is currently no autobox option on the current Transits ???

I'm sure I have read somewhere that the Transit can be supplied with an autobox, but i can't see that option on the Ford website.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Loscos

To the best of my knowledge there is no auto box for the Mk7 transit. they did some for an earlier model.:thumb:
Best of luck with your search.

Dave

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am researching various base vehicles with a view to buying a MH - Is it correct that there is currently no autobox option on the current Transits ???
I'm sure I have read somewhere that the Transit can be supplied with an autobox, but i can't see that option on the Ford website.

I have an AutoSleeper Ravenna on a 2004 Transit base with auto gearbox if your interested.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Our previous motorhome was an Autosleeper Ravenna on a Ford Auto base - an 05 plate it was. It was really nice to drive, shame the motorhome didn't suit us.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I don't know if the current model has one, but my 1989 Autosleeper Frisky was auto.

OP
OP
L

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Update: sorry it got sold last night:thumb:
Peter

You're obviously too good at your job Peter ::bigsmile: it seems the answer is in the post above where it seems it was an option but Ford in their wisdom have not offered it on the current model. I suppose they just didn't sell enough of them (Should have had you working for them ::bigsmile:)

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
There is definitely no auto option on a Mk7 Transit. I've owned a Mk6 auto for 6 years and am very pleased with it.:thumb:

Dipstick

Free Member
Sep 11, 2009
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2007
Transit Mk7

I picked up a leaflet at the Shepton Mallet show yesterday and there is an option offered for the Transit "AUTO CLUTCH" whatever that is exactly I'm not sure but could be an option for some people to increase their options

Pete D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have an auto clutch on my vwlt 50 it is also called click n go you get them from vehac. i,ve lost there tel but i,m sure you can google .its a very good bit of kit. i can recomend itto anybody that has difficulty pressing the clutch pedal. pm me for more info. cheers alan.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
My Autosleeper Duetto with auto box will be for sale soon. Picture is my avatar.

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Stop messing around and buy an RV they are all automatic:thumb::thumb:

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
If you do a search on the Transit Forum for "durashift" and read some of the threads you won't want to buy a Transit auto. Very unreliable and cost a fortune to fix when they go wrong. That's if you can find a Ford dealer who's prepared to look at it.

I've been there, had the experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Roly. You make a fair point but those on the Ford Transit forum own vehicles with huge mileages. Most motorhomers do relatively few miles. I've met a few with the Ford autobox and none have had problems. The highest mileage owner has done 88000 with no problems; mine had done 37000 miles and I love it.

Perhaps you were unlucky!

OP
OP
L

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Stop messing around and buy an RV they are all automatic:thumb::thumb:

:ROFLMAO:If only :ROFLMAO: It's just too big, I need to go down some small roads when I am in eastern Europe and in winter you can't see the edge of the road because of the 3 foot of snow, :Sad: No kerbs, lots of pot holes and broken edges, and only just wide enough for two passing 'transit' type vehicles means an RV is not an option I'm afraid.

And thanks everyone for the Transit advice, i can't see it as an option on current production.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I disagree very strongly :Eeek:

Have a look at this baby Coach House Platinum II Motorhomes at Lazydays - On lot now!

24 feet long, 3.0ltr diesel, automatic and with a slide out, even got the steering wheel on the right side for continental touring.

Or they do van conversions as well, have a look here Link Removed

Again Merc based but with all the toys and the standard width of a Merc panel van

They are not all 40 foot long 10 tonne monsters ya know :winky:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Roly. You make a fair point but those on the Ford Transit forum own vehicles with huge mileages. Most motorhomers do relatively few miles. I've met a few with the Ford autobox and none have had problems. The highest mileage owner has done 88000 with no problems; mine had done 37000 miles and I love it.

Perhaps you were unlucky!

My old 1989 Autosleeper auto transit had done about 130,000 by all accounts when I got it. (It had had a new speedo fitted which only showed 89K when I got it but I spoke to the last but one owner before I bought it to get more info as there was no service record). I had no problems all the time I had it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back