Transit 2.2 engine blown up! (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Coming back from Poland and got as far as Mons Belguim and engine failed -no oil light on but seems like oil pump failure.Needs another engine as c/case bust.Back home now looking round for other engine/recon unit.Got in touch with a firm from Rochdale off Ebay gave me all the gen-they have their own engineering facilities/stock of recon engines etc.Went up there today .Turns out to be a breakers yard -asked where the reconditioning facilities were he showed me a load of old engines(mechanics just hapenned to be away today ).I was going to let them fetch my van and do it-lucky escape! So answer is check it out before you send your van /money.Looks like they were going to put a s/hand cleaned up engine in and charge for a recon one!Looking around again now-more carefully.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Coming back from Poland and got as far as Mons Belguim and engine failed -no oil light on but seems like oil pump failure.Needs another engine as c/case bust.Back home now looking round for other engine/recon unit.Got in touch with a firm from Rochdale off Ebay gave me all the gen-they have their own engineering facilities/stock of recon engines etc.Went up there today .Turns out to be a breakers yard -asked where the reconditioning facilities were he showed me a load of old engines(mechanics just hapenned to be away today ).I was going to let them fetch my van and do it-lucky escape! So answer is check it out before you send your van /money.Looks like they were going to put a s/hand cleaned up engine in and charge for a recon one!Looking around again now-more carefully.

A global recall of certain years is / was common knowledge & mentioned in this old thread :

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It may be worth contacting Ford, whats the worst that can happen?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back