LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2017
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europia NG5
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all thanks for the replies, we ended up getting an endless Breeze, and tried it straight away in our awning and could feel the difference, very pleased so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Endlessbreeze should come supplied with ear defenders and bolts to fix it to the floor or worktop , heap of expensive crap

Sold it and we now use a 12inch desk fan running from a small inverter.. plenty of air flow, almost silent, oscillates .. circa £15

Fan war erupts :LOL:

Sounds like a good idea , being a non lecy expert what sort of inverter should I be looking for to run a 240 v fan all night long at slow speed ?
Thanks for the advice
Wyn

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have 2 endless breeze and whenever we are abroad they are on setting 1 all night long every night and are fantastic. Had ours about 3 years now and would not want to be without them. No significant noise and no vibration.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Never noticed any significant noise or vibration from ours either.

Will quite happily run it all night on setting 1 or 2.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have an Endless breeze, but had a good look at the RoadPro one at Peterbro' and was quite impressed. Good value for the price.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Sounds like a good idea , being a non lecy expert what sort of inverter should I be looking for to run a 240 v fan all night long at slow speed ?
Thanks for the advice
Wyn
You'll need a small efficient inverter like our Studer AJ 200 (200w). Expensive mind (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for the advice
Wyn
If I recall correctly , a 12 inch fan is only around 30watt. it will run on either a quasi or pure sine wave (PSW) type 12v inverter , plenty of cheap ones around.. just an example..

However, if you are fitting permanently may be worth while buying a more expensive PSW model, but not too big as they are most efficient when loaded to around 80% .. 200 watt would be fine. It could also be used to charge an electric toothbrush, camera batteries., laptop, tablet, phones etc

Last edited:

glysj001

Free Member
Jun 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anybody out there tried one of the transcool evaporative coolers?

http://transcoolgb.com/

I know they are expensive but how effective are they?

Thanks

It's just a fan with water behind it, and at 349 quid it's little more than a scam! You could buy a proper Samsung split AC system for that!

Posted: 22/04/2017 03:53
Tools

Reviews: 13

Evaporative cooling relies on a continuous supply of cool water & the system is used in hot dry countries installed in buildings as a cheaper to run alternative to proper refrigerated aircon.

Portable units are not really effective because of limited supply of water that will increase in temperature until it is ineffective. Also more suited for use in conditions of low humidity such as Australia which you don't often get in UK/Europe coastal regions.

Portable ones don't work well because warm air off the condenser is ducted outside, so warm air is sucked in the room to replace it.
There is a small split system though called "Cool my Camper" I've read about, have a look at that.

We are currently on the Costa Brava, the site has been having intermittant electric cut offs and some rapid reconnections one of which seems to have blown an internal fuse in our Truma aircon unit, engineer hopefully coming this week because its getting hot now!
We've been forced to try out the Transcool (purchased at the Oct 2018 show) prematurely and have to say we are unimpressed, it's basically a directional cold air fan that has a tank of water in it where you can add ice to cool it a bit more and in this heat isn't doing a lot. When I think back at the show in October we were in a warm hall feeling this cold blast from this fan and thought 'this is good' but really was it worth £300 and the answer is certainly not!!!
Might be useful at a warm easter in the uk but that's about it, my advice dont buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back