Free Member
Apr 10, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Do not own Yet
Exp
New
Hello all, I headed with traitor in the camp as I thought it may be a bit jolly.
I am an retired motorhomer as due to disability I have a seasonal sited caravan,shame it is but have to remain positive.
Reason I joined is for any information and help I might have with repairing My Snipe Pro Max system.
I think the main circuit board in the main unit has failed as it refuses to fold flat into the "Home" position. I am pretty sure the controller is ok.
Avtex have been as helpful as they can,but as it came from a German import they cannot help with spares/repairs and it is too darn heavy to send back.
So I am wondering if anyone can help me with a repairer or if I can find a donor unit which has physically failed.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So I am wondering if anyone can help me with a repairer or if I can find a donor unit which has physically failed.

Get searching on here, there was an Irish guy offering to do repairs on Sat equipment, not sure what brands but definitely into hacking the boards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Have you thumped the ceiling under the snipe, with the fold down button pressed? I ask because with our unit (not a pro) it aalso stuck in the open position, was advised to thump the cieling once to jog the gears.....it worked.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:hi2:
giphy (3).gif
w2f
I'm sure someone can help in your quest

OP
OP
J

johnayre1

Free Member
Apr 10, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Do not own Yet
Exp
New
Nomadic,thanks for suggestion but it is already off the roof.
I cannot see any posts yet than can help.

OP
OP
J

johnayre1

Free Member
Apr 10, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Do not own Yet
Exp
New
Hello all, I am almost at wits end.
I have contacted Avtex (brilliant tech) and selfsat sales with no results.Such a shame that such an expensive item cannot be supplied with spares.
Its an easy fix,it took me 2 minutes to reveal the main board,just need to get one.
I have tried everything.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A quick Google found a few problems with the Snipe Pro and reports of folk sending their unit back to Germany more than once.
If it's a static caravan do you need satellite? Alternatively, replace it with a basic manual system like the crank up MaxView. You will soon learn where to point it if the caravan doesn't move. :)

OP
OP
J

johnayre1

Free Member
Apr 10, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Do not own Yet
Exp
New
John Laidler,an in depth Google and I cannot find any one to supply a motherboard, which is what I need.
If it were as simple as sending back for repair I would have done so,it is out of warranty and therefore no one will replace,and no one repairs them.
Simple enough to disassemble and repair mechanics are great.£900 plus and not working for possibly a £100 piece of electronics.
What does it matter if it is a static or mobile unit, yes I need a satellite else I would not use one.
If I wanted to "hand crank" I would also have had one, I have a 1 metre dish with quad lnb feeding two box,s but not motorized and so not going to get multiple satellites by hand.
I have got it so I want it working.
If anyone has any useful suggestions I will look forward to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back