Rally Train meet NOW FULLY BOOKED (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
See you later (y)
You've missed the first three rounds of pimms

image.jpeg

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
image.jpeg
Was lovely to meet everybody and thanks for a fantastic meet @B-well.
Our first small meet and we loved it.
It was sad to see poor @cruiser in so much pain as a certain person took great joy in finishing his carefully guarded old pulteney though :D

Look forward to seeing you all again

Catherine, John & Nelson X

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
View attachment 123881 Was lovely to meet everybody and thanks for a fantastic meet @B-well.
Our first small meet and we loved it.
It was sad to see poor @cruiser in so much pain as a certain person took great joy in finishing his carefully guarded old pulteney though :D

Look forward to seeing you all again

Catherine, John & Nelson X

That bottle of malt was so old that the label was handwritten. In Latin.........

The tears were still running down @cruiser 's face this morning.

Thanks to Ramon for setting up what was a superb meet. Had a great time and a great laugh(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
To you all who attended, thanks again for making it such a wonderful event. If i organise another i think its fair to to state it would not be for the faint hearted, those who support Animal rights would not like the discussion around dux shooting ect or the language after the whiskey discussion group or some of my jokes not to mention foul language and partial nudity or references to women and equal rights.
however the hardy bunch who made it through be well and be safe.
Ramon.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Must have missed all that. Was probably busy telling "jokes" that even Old Mo would be embarrassed to tell

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just like to add our very sincere thanks to Ramon ( @B-well ) for organising such a great meet as this past weekend turned out to be.
I feel that an enormous vote of thanks must also go to all the management and staff of the RH&D Railway for their friendliness and for allowing our meet to take place.
Lastly but certainly not least all the Funsters, some we already knew and others was our first time we had met, who were the friendliest bunch imaginable .... I'm sure the railway will be making large profits from the recycled glass bottles!
Thanks again Ramon & hope to be there again next time if invited!

PS Joyce has realised that the wayward fork found after Saturday evening was ours after all if it is still around .... and I thought it was me with the poor memory!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
@bwell - many thanks for another very enjoyable week end. Lovely venue and some wonderful company.
Our thanks to all the funsters that help make this a event to look forward to each year.
So that we won't confuse you I promise not to change our forum name before next years meet.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We just want to add our thanks to Ramon @B-well for yet another successful weekend. Also like to thank the band of retrobates who attended both uncouth and couth.

Now sitting in an Aire on the banks of the Seine watching the huge ships going up and down on the high tide.

Peter & Angela
Are you at La Mailleraye sur Seine?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Made it home in time for tea. M25 fortunately not as bad as reported.

First tea time at home since the end of July. Many thanks to @B-well Ramon for the organisation & the continued hospitality all weekend. It made a much better ending to our trip that simply driving home from the ferry. I'd been wanting to see Dungerness for a while & now I have & what better way to arrive there than on a mini steam train accompanied by a local to point out the sights.

Both thanks & sympathies must go to the railway company. The investigation will no doubt reveal just how a train & a tractor came together on Saturday afternoon, but I suspect the tractor driver has some explaining to do.

Finally the usual thanks go to the usual bunch of reprobates without whom no meet would be quite as much fun. Good to see both funsters we have meet before & those we met for the first time this weekend.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank you Ramon for yet another great meet. Also thanks to the rest who made it a blast and finally a big thanks to the Pimm's van that then turned into a Margarita van. (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thank you Ramon for yet another great meet. Also thanks to the rest who made it a blast and finally a big thanks to the Pimm's van that then turned into a Margarita van. (y)
.....and a thanks to those who assisted very generously with the malt tasting.

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Donations from Motorhome fun Group

DM
Danny Martin

Dear Ramon

Thank you so much for the very kind donations totalling £330.00 which is so very generous

This is so welcome and much appreciated

We are delighted that the group visited us again this year and enjoyed themselves

Best wishes

Danny

Danny Martin
General Manager and Company Secretary
Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Light Railway
New Romney Station
NEW ROMNEY
Kent TN28 8PL
T 01797 362353
F 01797 363591
www.rhdr.org.uk
email: Danny.Martin@rhdr.org
Kent's Mainline in Miniature.

Member of:
Heritage Railway Association
New CCC Logo Short Stem

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Many thanks to you all for the contributions and the comments that have been made about the weekend.
If i may ask if you have time to post your comments re the railway and hospitality on trip advisor as the publicity does aid further tourism for the Railway. RHDR www.tripadvisor.co.uk .

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-37334154

Info re train crash, driver back at work but very quite according to staff, train in the shed mainly paint job. investigation on going, not much co operation from the farmer i understand.
T-boned by a train on an unmanned crossing........not much he can say that will not drop him further in the mire, is there?

We had one similar incident with a waste lorry on a farmer's crossing hit by the Marks Tey to Sudbury train. H&S and CPS threw the book at him 15 months Jail and 3 year ban. That was on a farmer's crossing, not public road

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back