Rally Train meet NOW FULLY BOOKED (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Yes please! We will have just got off the boat on our way back from Sweden, so for once the timing works for us.
What is the earliest arrival time on Fri 9th? It looks like we will be on an early morning boat into Dover. Do I need to kill a few hours before rolling up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
What is the earliest arrival time on Fri 9th? It looks like we will be on an early morning boat into Dover. Do I need to kill a few hours before rolling up?

Hi i should be around by 10;00 ish to welcome you all .

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Can we still stay until Monday morning. As this year we are going to get on the boat for Dunkirk on Monday night. I have got Rose to agree to six weeks away. @B-well

Yes no problems, you can clear the bottles.

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
UPDATES I have the following Funsters on my list for the train meet, could you give me numbers of persons and van lengths. :drinks:

PETERC10 DUX DELUXE CRUISER SHUNTER RED SONJA JIM WINGMAN CLIVE SCOUSEBIRD B-WELL ICANTREMEBER CLEWSY THE CALLER

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
6.4m

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Rose and me. And the van is 6 meters. No Thomas this time. And we will pick up the bottles. But can some of them still be full of wine please.

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
3 of us and 7mtrs. Will be arriving late on Friday night.

Okay close the gate, you know your way around so should find us somewhere hic, hic or if all quite turn the lights out.
take care see you all later.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi there

I am quite interested in attending this @B-well but not sure what is involved.
We see that dogs are allowed on the trains so presume they are also allowed at the rally. Our concern is how much of the rally is spent in locations such as pubs/village halls/rooms where dogs are not allowed.
Ours is a clingy Rescue Dog. though he is very friendly and well behaved does not cope with being left alone in the van.
We wouldnt want to miss out on the fun as thats the whole point of the rally for us...

Any info gratefully received.
John & Catherine

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
@Stagman there were a few dogs there last year, the rally is on a carpark hardstanding at the station within walking distance of the beach. We spent most of the rally on site, sitting outside chatting in the good weather but evenings we did have some indoor space to use - station café conservatory Friday night and one of the station huts Saturday night, not sure if dogs are allowed @B-well may be able to confirm. As you know, dogs are allowed on the trains and most people did go for a train ride at some point. Hope that helps.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
@Stagman there were a few dogs there last year, the rally is on a carpark hardstanding at the station within walking distance of the beach. We spent most of the rally on site, sitting outside chatting in the good weather but evenings we did have some indoor space to use - station café conservatory Friday night and one of the station huts Saturday night, not sure if dogs are allowed @B-well may be able to confirm. As you know, dogs are allowed on the trains and most people did go for a train ride at some point. Hope that helps.
Thank you. Hopefully @B-well will be see this soon too.

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
Hi Ramon,
2 of us and van is 8.5 metres (including the bikes on the back)
Thanks,
Mike

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
UPDATES I have the following Funsters on my list for the train meet, could you give me numbers of persons and van lengths. :drinks:

PETERC10 DUX DELUXE CRUISER SHUNTER RED SONJA JIM WINGMAN CLIVE SCOUSEBIRD B-WELL ICANTREMEBER CLEWSY THE CALLER
Just me and the van is 7 metres and a bit if the bike is on the back

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Thank you. Hopefully @B-well will be see this soon too.
John
dogs are most welcome however they have to be on a lead when on station platform. For evening events you are/will be .17 secs from your van so popping back no probs, because sometimes the evening get together can be a bit boisterous by some funsters singing, dancing ( lap and pole ). Helen (Scousebird) has given you a good insight. of course if you do attend and it not suitable and decide to leave i will not be offended. I am not sure how many dogs we had last year and at most rallies it appears more are attending,
so sat we might hold a dog show.
Please ask if you need more info, I find that funsters who have previously attended the train rally
have a different perspective on this relaxed event so fear not they can clarify anything.

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Sorry folks no swimming pool this year or duck racing Dawn b unable to attend
upload_2016-8-21_17-57-5.jpeg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
John
dogs are most welcome however they have to be on a lead when on station platform. For evening events you are/will be .17 secs from your van so popping back no probs, because sometimes the evening get together can be a bit boisterous by some funsters singing, dancing ( lap and pole ). Helen (Scousebird) has given you a good insight. of course if you do attend and it not suitable and decide to leave i will not be offended. I am not sure how many dogs we had last year and at most rallies it appears more are attending,
Please ask if you need more info, I find that funsters who have previously attended the train rally
have a different perspective on this relaxed event so fear not they can clarify anything.
Just for @Stagman - you will have a great time. My idiot dog will be at home this time. It is a very relaxing meet, with people mingling and generally having a laugh. Don't remember the boisterous bit though...... Oh, hang on, yes I do.....

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
(y)
John
Thanks @B-well. To be honest the distance from the van is irrelevant. He just doesnt cope being left alone in there in a new place.
All sorted though. SWMBO has said that i should take full advantage of the evening entertainment and she will stay in van with the dog. Chances are on the second night he will cope with a bit of time alone. He just needs time to settle wherever we go.
So count us in...van is 7.5m with bike rack.
Thank you to everyone who has also responded. We shall look forward to meeting you all.
Can i just ask if there is anywhere to empty the toilet cassette and grey water there? We will arrive fully fresh watered.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
(y)
Thanks @B-well. To be honest the distance from the van is irrelevant. He just doesnt cope being left alone in there in a new place.
All sorted though. SWMBO has said that i should take full advantage of the evening entertainment and she will stay in van with the dog. Chances are on the second night he will cope with a bit of time alone. He just needs time to settle wherever we go.
So count us in...van is 7.5m with bike rack.
Thank you to everyone who has also responded. We shall look forward to meeting you all.
Can i just ask if there is anywhere to empty the toilet cassette and grey water there? We will arrive fully fresh watered.
I can dogsit if you need........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back