Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
france
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1980
while travelling in europe this summer we saw a trailer connected to a camper rapido via a normal towbar but what caught my eye and other camper owners was that it also had 2 arms attached to the trailer which appeared to to be pushing against the lower chassis of the camper.
this allowed the camper and trailer to effectively act as one unit. they parked and turned the camper and the trailer stayed in line. there was no snaking etc. it was a very short trailer , just the length of the trailer wheels. anyone seen anything like this . it seemed to be a professionally built trailer . the camper was italian.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
EZETOW-transverse-motorbike-trailer

also built by a few manufacturers on the continent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

deand

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
france
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1980
thanks mike interesting but no. about the same length and bigger wheels. and a straight forward hitch with the 2 bars to keep it straight to the camper.
we saw it in the camper stop in grado north italy . it was driving around reversing into spots then driving off to another one. i would have taken a picture
but it didnt stay still long enough. it certainly caused a stir with the other campers.
deand

OP
OP
D

deand

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
france
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1980
thanks spitfire
that looks more like it. i think the one i saw had one hitch and 2 stabilising arms but the principle is the same.
i wonder how well it works. might pay them a visit .
deand

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back