Trailers on aires (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I am thinking of getting a side loading scooter trailer and was wondering if it would be allowed on continental aires? Any thoughts folks?

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Not an issue for me with my motorbike trailer. Stopped on six last week and there were plenty of French and Dutch motorhomes with cars on A frames and trailers.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Like everything, it depends.

Mainly on how big the 'emplacements' on the aires are and whether the local authority has decided 'no trailers' LOL - we only just got the Bessie in the space on certain smaller ones with no overhang, and that was under 6.5metres.

However, 'All the Aires' does normally tell you if it's specially small or anything else different, so you'd just have to avoid any such, or cross em out the book if you turn up and can't.

That's one of the reasons it's best to not leave it too late in the day to find one you can park on - we turned up at two last year that wouldn't accept our bank or credit card in the machine. One (at Gastes) alternatively accepted cash, but the other one, just forget where, it was only card payment so that was that. (Barrier entry and exit - so couldn't chance not paying upfront and investigating eg the tourist office or mairie, as we may have done otherwise)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back