camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
For those who tug a Smartie / small car, whether by trailer or a-frame:

do you use "Long vehicle" and / or other signs on the rear of the trailer / car when tugging ? My m/h is 24ft , so the length of the BJTrailer would put it beyond the 12m mark for a long vehicle as presumably nearly all RVs tugging cars would too?

Just wondering. Also wondering just how to attach the sign to the BJT if it is necessary and exactly which signs are necessary!!:Confused:

Laurie

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
i also am interested in this as when i tow the boat i am sitting at a total length of about 17.5m :whatthe:

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We must have left all the know-it-alls elsewhere, Hugh Jardon, or perhaps they are holidaying somewhere and haven't seen our plea for help! :roflmto:

Please, we need accurate info folks - it would be really appreciated! :Confused:

Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Interesting point.

I've tried the DVLA website but found nothing (admittedly it was a short search).

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I've just had a look at some regs and I cannot see any mention of a 'Long Vehicle' sign.

From what I can see, towing a car/boat on a trailer is fine 'as is' because of the lights etc.on the trailer.

I wouldn't worry but perhaps a friendly word with a traffic cop or a call to vosa would help?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back