Trail Cameras, have you got one? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have something prowling around my chickens at night. Badger I think. And I want to stake it out.

I want to get a Trail camera and these all seem a bit cheap and nasty to me. Can anyone recommend one?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpg
I have this one which I used at our last home but with an ordinary garden don’t need it now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 28
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I have something prowling around my chickens at night. Badger I think. And I want to stake it out.

I want to get a Trail camera and these all seem a bit cheap and nasty to me. Can anyone recommend one?
We used to have lots of foxes visit our garden.
When we got our chickens I put up an electric fence and this seems to have done the trick.
Started off with a movable fence then when we got permanent fencing I simply ran a single strand stainless steel wire along the top and about 300mm from the floor.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We used to have lots of foxes visit our garden.
When we got our chickens I put up an electric fence and this seems to have done the trick.
Started off with a movable fence then when we got permanent fencing I simply ran a single strand stainless steel wire along the top and about 300mm from the floor.

Yes we bought the leccy fence before we bought the chickens. We've had serious issues with foxes and our chickens over the years. If foxes are like every dog Ive ever owned, they only get a belt from the fence once, then stay well away. :D

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes we bought the leccy fence before we bought the chickens. We've had serious issues with foxes and our chickens over the years. If foxes are like every dog Ive ever owned, they only get a belt from the fence once, then stay well away. :D
I think they can sense the tick tick of the energiser

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan

HERE are a couple of short clips of "our" badgers. A pair who are always together, and a singleton with an injured rear leg.

Shots taken on a <Broken link removed> Trail Cam. (On your "Cheap and Nasty" list!! :giggle:)

I don't think it is as good as some others already mentioned, (eg Bushnell) but I too wanted to find out what was digging up my lawn, and I've had a lot of fun with it during lockdown for £44!

The main criticism I have is that it is slow to begin recording. Animals are usually mid screen before you see them.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We have a cheap and cheerful Victure HC100 which cost about £40 and for checking for fence prowlers will do the job. We use it to keep an eye on our hedgehogs and cannot fault it.

The Tincas

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not researched them properly yet, will do so over the weekend, meanwhile, feel free to pounce away :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Are you sure it's not a certain 'dog' owned by 'Wallace' ... :ROFLMAO:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Jim make sure you test the fence occasionally, a fence tester is well worth having as friends get wise to no it is not on rather quickly. We have had several energisers units fail over the years it is worth having a signal light fence monitor about £20 on Amazon.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Jim make sure you test the fence occasionally, a fence tester is well worth having as friends get wise to no it is not on rather quickly. We have had several energisers units fail over the years it is worth having a signal light fence monitor about £20 on Amazon.
Wee on the fence from time to time

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just brought a Browning BBC Nature Watch program uses them not much dearer than the bushnell.
Not used it enough yet to give a review.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Yes you have to test nets regularly I think I have half a dozen from over the years, earth and battery ones (y)

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We bought a cheap Chinese one that did the job (it was a badger digging up our stones).

Hubby said he dreams of a Bushnell...................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back