Traction control plus (1 Viewer)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Tracmats are very good. I've got a pair of the 25mm thick sand ladders which they said would be fine for a 3.5t vehicle. They also sell them on eBay which when I last looked was cheaper as they did free delivery.

We have the 50mm ones they certainly do the job ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
A big part of the problem is that the contact patch of van wheels is small and the weight of the van depresses the ground underneath.

While pitching up with these grip mats under the wheels undoubtedly help with the grip issues they do little to spread the load over a wider surface area.

My solution when parking on grass is to ALWAYS put wooden planks under the wheels. This spreads the load over a much larger area and prevents the cupping that would otherwise occur. This gives me a flat surface to drive off with the attendant benefit that by the time the wheels contact the wet grass I’m applying a much reduced torque to the wheels and am able to maintain motion on the wet grass.

In ten years of use Ive only ever been ‘stuck’ on wet grass once and that was when trying to manoeuvre onto my pitch.

Ian

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
i agree Ken thought you might be there we went with gb tours and they said a few from the tour where going but only growler and cactus bill turned up so didn’t bother with them lol , hope the knee better now ken we will meet up one day ?
A tad to far for me at the moment. i thought Roy said him & Cheryl were going, did you not see them? Was Kevin back yet? The knee is nowhere near as bad as the Canarys, in fact after taking what felt like millions of pain killers i even walked around Madrid on the way home, with no real problems. Hopefully we will meet up on a tour again next year. (y):giggle:

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
A tad to far for me at the moment. i thought Roy said him & Cheryl were going, did you not see them? Was Kevin back yet? The knee is nowhere near as bad as the Canarys, in fact after taking what felt like millions of pain killers i even walked around Madrid on the way home, with no real problems. Hopefully we will meet up on a tour again next year. (y):giggle:

Pm sent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back