Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I know that it's probably been covered before but can anyone recommend a reasonable priced tracker, not really worried about monitoring.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Look on Ebay

I payed around £30 for mine get the one with a back up battery fitted.

Buy a gift gaff sim card and download the app.

Bobs your whats it it will contact you if it moves and you can arm it remotely from your phone.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Look on Ebay

I payed around £30 for mine get the one with a back up battery fitted.

Buy a gift gaff sim card and download the app.

Bobs your whats it it will contact you if it moves and you can arm it remotely from your phone.
Sounds just what I need, I've looked on eBay but can't find one with a back up battery, any clues?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Sounds just what I need, I've looked on eBay but can't find one with a back up battery, any clues?

I cant remember the number but it was someone on here recommended them

It has a switch on the end of the tracker and as said around £30 also has a remote key with them.

I bought a cheaper one to start with and it didn't work :mad:

You may want to buy a cheap sounder so if you are stood by your MoHo you can hear it arm.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Thanks Silver Fox just the job, I have ordered one up, hope it works as well as the fridge lock I bought from you.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Type '103b tracker' into ebay.

Remote fob arm and disarm, engine stop on text command, backup battery, text alert with co-ords and GPS tracking....£25 to £30.

Just about to fit one to my new car.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I'm using one of these, as it says it's all setup and pre-configured, fit and wire to a permanent 12 volt.
I fitted mine under the tray that's on top of the dash.

tracker.jpg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Type '103b tracker' into ebay.

Remote fob arm and disarm, engine stop on text command, backup battery, text alert with co-ords and GPS tracking....£25 to £30.

Just about to fit one to my new car.
I fancy fitting one (or 2 one for car too) but the pic of all the wires looks daunting. Can you post instructions. I realise you won't want to post pics as presumable have to find some secret positions for fitting?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What a great idea at a great price..... I done a search and found the same model at £19.99 at present

Modern technology never ceases to amaze me

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Th
I fancy fitting one (or 2 one for car too) but the pic of all the wires looks daunting. Can you post instructions. I realise you won't want to post pics as presumable have to find some secret positions for fitting?
They are a doddle to fit

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Th

e twenty quid one doesn't have the battery backup
Ah I never noticed that..... Still even £30 I think that's great for what it is
Think the mh I've bought already has a tracker device fitted but unsure of the type as yet

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
For basic tracking most of the wires are redundant.
It can double up as a basic alarm triggered by door switches and can be used to 'eavesdrop' on the car thief/thieves with a microphone also the engine stop wires are connected to the fuel pump to disable that.
None of which are actually needed for basic tracking so that's a few wires can be coiled and taped up.
The only ones it does need are a live supply and an earth plus the GPS and phone signal aerials plugged in for basic internet map tracking and phone/text commands.
That means just a live and earth to connect.

I've been using the 102 version for a couple of years and it worked well but no remote so you have to send text commands to turn it off when you need the vehicle and on when you don't......pain in the ass plus the cost of a text EVERY command.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I just checked them out. Simply amazing for the price. How do they do it for that money?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've go the TK103a, I have found the Move funtion a bit iffy, when the van is sitting in one place it keeps sending text & when I call it doesn't always report position back so I just leave it in basic mode where I call it and its text's its postion. But for £28 what do you expect I suppose I could return it, came via Amazon.
The same units from Rewire are are about £40 I think they have their own software upgrade on them so may be more reliable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back