Tracker retrieve (1 Viewer)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I have just had a phone call from Tracker saying that my alarm is running low. Asked how much to replace, they will come out and fit a new for £200 + for one years cover. Or they will fit a new unit for £400 + for five years cover. Question is, that I have had tracker 5 years and the battery last, why when they fit a new battery it only last's one year?. Seems a bit of a con to me. I also have a Vanbitz alarm and none starter, and i can track the van my self. I find the Vanbitze one better, because if the van gets stolen it informs me. With the tracker one if the van is taken I don't know until I go to the storage place.
My concern is the insurance.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
John.. My van was £65k s/hand.. Comfort did not require a tracker fitted.
May be worth asking them where you stand if not fitted BUT make your own decision if its worth it or not..

ps.. I think they mean the tracker cover lasts one year, not the battery (y) :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Have you changed the battery in the tracker fob which you attach to your keys?

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
I have just fitted this into my campervan and motorhome. Easy to do and works really well.

Amazon product ASIN B07YD8VFNJ
Edit: just realised, since I bought these a few weeks ago, the price has shot up - I paid £50 for each unit!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back