Hercs74

Free Member
Aug 21, 2019
Essex.
Funster No
MH
Researching
Exp
Having just purchased New MH we are having a Metatrak s5 VTS tracker installed. The dealership have also offered an AUTOWATCH 695 Canbus Alarm system which I understand is a Thatcham approved 2-1 system. My question is relating the alarm system. Is it any good, is it worth going Thatcham Cat 1 ??

Thanks

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I got an Autowatch install recently due to my 03 not having much in the way of factory security as a lot of people on here said most insurers demanded Thatcham approved devices now..
Insurance renewal came round and I mentioned the additional security... No change, doesn't affect it..
WTF!!
But it is a good alarm, my garage sparky fits them professionally and I've done a number of customers cars through him in the past.
Mine is a https://www.autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec...-t-remote-ultrasonic-alarm-immobiliser-system

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Thatcham 2 - 1 is cat 1 ie the installation raise a 2 up to 1.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I bought an alarm off the internet and fitted it myself. This is the third MH it’s been in; it wasn’t that expensive to buy. It uses wireless sensors on the windows. We are with NFU who don’t ask for a tracker or an alarm.

Last edited:

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I bought an alarm off the internet and fitted it myself. This is the third MH it’s been in; it wasn’t that expensive to buy. It uses wireless sensors on the windows. We are with NFU who don’t ask for a tracker or an alarm.

We’re also with NFU and likewise they didn’t require a tracker or alarm on our vehicle.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We’ve got an Autowatch alarm too, been pretty good.

Although NFU don’t insist on an alarm they do offer a discount if you have one.

OP
OP
Hercs74

Hercs74

Free Member
Aug 21, 2019
Essex.
Funster No
MH
Researching
Exp
NFU..??? Reason I asked re alarm is some insurance companies provide a list of alarm makes and I can never find Aoutowatch on the lists ..

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
NFU..??? Reason I asked re alarm is some insurance companies provide a list of alarm makes and I can never find Aoutowatch on the lists ..
I may be wrong but I think that it’s the installer they check for

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Just insured mine with what I think is a very good price with NFU Newmarket branch (ask for Jack) no tracker or alarm required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back