scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
is there an app you can use that could track your travels all over Europe,ta?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I use a 'proper' GPS. Batteries last all day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just post your support for ISIS on facebook and say you are planning Jihad. Then MI5 will track your every movement for you

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You could become a criminal and hopefully get an ankle monitor fitted ... might be a bit drastic though!!!

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Or if you have tracker locate fitted use the Tracker fleet tracking app. The below screenshot is from one of our cars ;)

100.jpg

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
After one of our trips into Europe my son got hold of my iPhone and somehow managed to find a map of where we had been. It recorded and showed places, times and dates of the whole trip. o_O

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
MikeD??? I wonder what map

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Big Brother is watching.:Eeek:

I find it useful as we can never remember where we've been so it is handy.(y)
Mind you it's not that clever cos it (like us) can't remember the names of the people we meet on our travels...:D

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie

Been using this for about a year. Part of google maps. Open maps, top left little icon with three lines, open then find and open 'my timeline'. Works very well.
You can build a good history with it, as it knows where you stop (very accurately). Covers the full 24 hrs. Works with iOS phone ( not on pad yet) and android.
Load all your devices with google drive and it will update to all. Give permissions for selected viewings by others. ( Default setting is you only)
Brilliant results on 10 day trip to Cyprus including flight, and will upload photos taken on device into timeline automatically. It knows where you are and then reads the photo for time info, and uploads. V pleased with it. And it's free!!

Also works on MS.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Been using this for about a year. Part of google maps. Open maps, top left little icon with three lines, open then find and open 'my timeline'. Works very well.
You can build a good history with it, as it knows where you stop (very accurately). Covers the full 24 hrs. Works with iOS phone ( not on pad yet) and android.
Load all your devices with google drive and it will update to all. Give permissions for selected viewings by others. ( Default setting is you only)
Brilliant results on 10 day trip to Cyprus including flight, and will upload photos taken on device into timeline automatically. It knows where you are and then reads the photo for time info, and uploads. V pleased with it. And it's free!!

Also works on MS.
Just had a look at mine. ....rubbish.
It only shows straight line routes between stops, not actual road routes.
I have one route of around 4 Miles showing off road through fields and through a lake but i KNOW the route i took.
Its telling me i was at my destination from 20:08 to 20:36.....i was at my destination for 18 hours.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
After one of our trips into Europe my son got hold of my iPhone and somehow managed to find a map of where we had been. It recorded and showed places, times and dates of the whole trip. o_O
If you own an iPhone with the latest 'Photos' app you can show where you took the pictures on a map.
1) Open Photos
2) At the bottom of the screen select 'Albums'.
3) Among the different albums will be one named 'Places'.
4) Allow the maps to load which could take a minute or two then zoom in to the different groups of photos. there will be a sample picture along with the number of photos taken at each location.

Richard.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You could write it all in a book ?

My own made day by day motorhome log book.
Where we went, where we stayed, how much and how long it took us - Simples!!!
Where we got water, where we bought fuel and how much it cost.

Maybe I should make it a PDF and down load it to here.

Any one recognise the cover photo? Its in Northern France

DairyCover 20156.jpg

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Just had a look at mine. ....rubbish.
It only shows straight line routes between stops, not actual road routes.
I have one route of around 4 Miles showing off road through fields and through a lake but i KNOW the route i took.
Its telling me i was at my destination from 20:08 to 20:36.....i was at my destination for 18 hours.

I can only speak as I find. If I enlarge the map it shows the roads exactly. Start using it properly and set it up properly and it should be great. Keep your phone with you all the time, even in the house.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
All very well recording where a shot was taken. More important is the direction of the shot. i don't think there's a device that does that, yet the technology is out there.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
If you own an iPhone with the latest 'Photos' app you can show where you took the pictures on a map.
1) Open Photos
2) At the bottom of the screen select 'Albums'.
3) Among the different albums will be one named 'Places'.
4) Allow the maps to load which could take a minute or two then zoom in to the different groups of photos. there will be a sample picture along with the number of photos taken at each location.

Richard.

I wondered how the little bugger did it :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
MikeD??? I wonder what map

My lad tells me:
Go to the Settings section, and hit the Privacy tab. Then, click Location Services at the top, which will probably say 'on'. From here, scroll right to the bottom of the menu and click System Services. Finally, press Frequent Locations, which is the last option available.

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I've just bought one of these ...

http://www.canmore.com.tw/pdf/GP-102+ user manual_English.pdf.

Tested it out a couple of times on a short distance but is seems to work well and you can download the routes after (stores them as a fit file). Small and light. Battery life is good ...left it on for 9 hrs and still going yesterday. I paid ÂŁ40.

John

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I can only speak as I find. If I enlarge the map it shows the roads exactly. Start using it properly and set it up properly and it should be great. Keep your phone with you all the time, even in the house.

Don't forget you NEED to have your data on for it to record just double checked last weeks visit to the Hospital and I know I switched the data off whilst I was in the Operating theatre and forgot to turn it back on so the return trip was a straight line from there to home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back