Toyota Yaris toad anyone? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
no need to find it! i have read the legislation many times and its a gray area,how any company can say they cover the legislation when truly there is none amazes me.
if someone wants to prove me wrong ,crack on im listening.

Why ask then ???

You wrote above that you wanted to see the legislation and you already have it ?

Can't be bothered to work that out to be honest......

I tell you what though ..... The last thing we need is another .... Frankly boring debate on the legalities of toading ??

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris...... In answer to your above question...

In the photo, you can see a little ring, which is lightly held in place on the front of the car...

A break-away cable fixes to this then to the motorhome...

If the car comes detached.... the ring is pulled and thus applies the handbrake on the car.. (y)

PS..... The car is on a trailer because we were just leaving for Spain....... I may be wrong.... But........

I THINK "A" Frames possibly might be illegal in Spain.....

But don`t quote me..... :wink:

How are you.... I miss you... :lips: ::bigsmile:
are you forgetting i have seen your car in the flesh in spain?
i have seen many that dont use the car handbrake,mine is set up the same as yours.
i am fine thanks(y):lips:

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Why ask then ???

You wrote above that you wanted to see the legislation and you already have it ?

Can't be bothered to work that out to be honest......

I tell you what though ..... The last thing we need is another .... Frankly boring debate on the legalities of toading ??
Charlie why are you so grumpy!!!!!!!!
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I
Charlie why are you so grumpy!!!!!!!!
Brian & Jo

I'm not ... I tried to help what I thought was a genuine question and was replied to with rather rude No! And was then informed they the person asking had all the information anyway .. I had in actually spent half an hour searching the net for the requested information ..

See me ......... I will do anything for anybody just for the pleasure helping a fellow forum member gives. But why ask a question when you already know the answer.

Grumpy no.. But 40 years in construction makes me a little direct .

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Possibly a bit late for the original post, but we have a 5 door automatic Toyota Aygo toad. It is set up with the electronic independent vaccum powered braking from Towmaster A Frame and fitted by LNB in Bristol http://www.lnbleisure.co.uk/index.php/20

Not used very much due to illness, but when it was it was great, only problem is to remember to keep to the speed limit!

Due to my illness, it will possibly be available for sale, as will our loved Adria Izola motorhome.

Doggy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
majestic
Yaris is heavier that the Aygo.

Aygo is just under 900 Kg and the Yaris is 1000 Kg . The company's that fit the Aframe towing equipment tend to develop the kit for popular cars. Aygo , Smart , Panda and the IQ like we have just bought. Not yet seen a Yaris but I bet it can be done . Toyotas are brilliant cars so why not !
You need to check your manual to see how far you can tow the car most small cars are only allowed to be towed 30 miles, due to oil not feeding the transmission

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You need to check your manual to see how far you can tow the car most small cars are only allowed to be towed 30 miles, due to oil not feeding the transmission
??????

Great 6 year old thread resurrection đź‘Ť

I must tell that to our Hyundai i20 which we have towed for many miles ………

I think that you are thinking about auto transmissions.

Doggy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
majestic
Hi just bought a 15 redg Smart car forfour passion manual gear box to use Ă s my toad, I contact merc after reading the manual about towing the car, witch said it could only be towed for 30 miles, there reply was under no circumstance should the car be towed any further it would damage the transmission, like most other front wheel drive car's, having spoken to two aframe company's they where unaware of this, My advice is to check your manual

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back