Toyota HiAce from sellers near Bristol (1 Viewer)

kurtb

Free Member
May 26, 2017
london
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi,
Am new to the forum and also new to motorhoming! :) So new in fact, that I have not yet started!
Am thinking of purchasing a Toyota HiAce Japan import (ideally with 4WD). There seem to be a number sold via 2 sellers both based near Bristol, all over eBay etc. Anyone have any experience with these?
Or any other suggestions as to how to source a HiAce?
Equally, if there is anyone in London or Surreyt, who'd like to share their experience with Toyota campers..... more than happy to invest in a coffee or beer!

Many thanks and greetings from London
Kurt

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Upvote 0

Deleted User
My daughter bought a '97 Hiace import from this firm near chesterfield last year

http://www.poplarmotors.co.uk/

She had a couple of problems soon after she bought it, power steering pipe ruptured and gas strut for roof failed but both sorted without problem.

Just had a quick look and they don't appear to have any of that age/model in stock.

She has been well pleased with it the conversion was a Vantech with Reimo pop top, good quality stuff, they are mostly automatic, the 2.8 litre diesel engine is reputed to be very long lived.

If they are new imports and undersealed they are virtually as new underneath as no salt is used on the roads in Japan.

Gas locker only big enough for camping gaz and limited space for porta potty.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I seem to recall that those firms around Bristol have been about a while & deal in all sorts of the jap campers along with estimas,bongo's Freda's, Delica's, etc.

Oh & :welco:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kurtb

Free Member
May 26, 2017
london
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Thanks so far everyone. If anyone has practical experience about this firms, that would be great. Just trying to avoid buying a dud....Cheers, Kurt

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Thanks so far everyone. If anyone has practical experience about this firms, that would be great. Just trying to avoid buying a dud....Cheers, Kurt

The only thing I can say is to look for a newly imported vehicle that was converted in Japan, I would think the only difference between dealers would be price and the length of warranty.

I believe testing is very strict in Japan.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The only thing I can say is to look for a newly imported vehicle that was converted in Japan, I would think the only difference between dealers would be price and the length of warranty.

I believe testing is very strict in Japan.

Yes if you can get an original as @matamoros says it would be better. & yes that is why they get shipped here in that the test is so severe that even new stuff would fail.:LOL:

Off topic but there used to be something similar with the Netherlands back in the early 80's. Whether it was the test or age of vehicle but many people used to import minis & convert to rhd for resale.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back