Towing with fiat auto (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Advice required, have read a post about getting bogged down on site and needing towing off/out.

Believe there are restrictions on the towing of automatics does anyone have experience/guidance to offer on this? This could include breakdown on the road.

Ray

Mistakenly posted incorrectly on beginners intro page initially.

Nine tenths of wisdom is being wise in time T Roosevelt

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Thanks DBK,
Well thought out answer making lots of sense, once I have it I will scour the handbook for info.
I am aware that the Fiat comfortmatic is not a standard auto but will I'm sure I will eventually get my head round it.
Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks DBK,
Well thought out answer making lots of sense, once I have it I will scour the handbook for info.
I am aware that the Fiat comfortmatic is not a standard auto but will I'm sure I will eventually get my head round it.
Ray
I checked the hand book on mine and that is what it says. It is essentially just a manual gearbox with a clutch but with hydraulics to do the gear change and operate the clutch. It can best be described as an automated or robotized transmission. Very fuel efficient which is why they are increasingly being used in trucks.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I also replied in the original thread and have checked that with a MB Sprintshift (robotized gearbox) , you can tow for up to 60 miles with the vehicle in neutral. Can't see why you would want to tow any further :)

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back