Towing Peugeot 107 A Frame (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Having just had A Frame fitted on my manual 107 I read the hand book which says ' Towing with 4 wheels on the road must be carried out at very low speed over a very short distance , in all other cases your vehicle must be transported on a trailer '. The A Frame manufacturers provide for this car,
Any ideas ???

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the manuals usually give the general info for various models within the model range.

my hilux manual covers general info for 4wd, 2wd, single, double and crew cab models, auto engage front hubs, manual engage front hubs etc, etc.

what you read could be for the auto version...which would make sense..never flat tow an auto fast or far.

unless theres something i'v missed, the manual gearbox model wil be fine for towing as per normal.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
the manuals usually give the general info for various models within the model range.

my hilux manual covers general info for 4wd, 2wd, single, double and crew cab models, auto engage front hubs, manual engage front hubs etc, etc.

what you read could be for the auto version...which would make sense..never flat tow an auto fast or far.

unless theres something i'v missed, the manual gearbox model wil be fine for towing as per normal.

Thats my feeling, as long as gearbox in neutral, hbrake off , steering unlocked, there's nothing to harm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

raymondo782

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Lydney, Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
A frame

I have an A frame on our Citroen C1 which is the same as the 107 we have towed all around Europe --- 2 minor problems_-
Every time we went back to the motorhome with the car attatched there were usually people taking photos of the A frame. and asking questions.
When ours was fitted the brake lights were powered by the towing vehicle and/or the car's battery. When braking the brake light were powered by the towing vehicle but if slowing down without using the brakes the brake lights were powered by the car's battery. No problem normally but on a long journey of two or three days the car's battery is flat.
I cured our by fitting a switch in the cable from the battery. (also works as an immobiliser and stops the odometer working whilst being towed)
Assuming you car has a manual gearbox of course

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back